What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Childrens picture book early 80s: villain"s name was hieronymous

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (last edited May 02, 2015 09:03AM) (new)

Rae | 5 comments I remember having a book when I was 4 or 5 so, in 1983 or 4. It was a hardcover picture book, had a lighter purple and white cover. I think it was about artists and other random people in a weird fictional city. The villain"s name was hieronymous. The illustrations were weird and kind of dark for a children's book. It also smelled weird, but that might have just been my copy.

message 2: by Mindy (new)

Mindy Jones (mindyrecycles) | 86 comments I was going to suggest Pish, Posh, Said Hieronymus Bosch, but it's too new.

"It also smelled weird, but that might have just been my copy." LOL

message 4: by Rae (new)

Rae | 5 comments Gbolahan wrote: " The Surprising Adventures of Baron Munchausen by Rudolph Erich Raspe?"

nope. I had that too. thanks for trying :)

message 5: by Gbolahan (new)

Gbolahan (halosbane-kitchenstaffpikin) | 146 comments Rae wrote: "Gbolahan wrote: " The Surprising Adventures of Baron Munchausen by Rudolph Erich Raspe?"

nope. I had that too. thanks for trying :)"

Is a'ight.
(Lemme help you bump...)

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Jun 03, 2015 05:36PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 38278 comments Mod
Were the artists humans or animals?

This doesn't exactly match but I'll throw it out anyway: it's about artists (who are animals) in a weird fictional city, and the cover is light purple and white, but it seems to be published in 2006 and the villain is named Count Rainier Rumolde rather than Hieronymous.

It's an illustrated chapter book.

Holbrook: A Lizard's Tale

message 7: by Rae (new)

Rae | 5 comments Humans. But that sounds interesting. ..

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Rae, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Rae, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.