City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) City of Fallen Angels discussion

Camille (spoiler!)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ilaria Carstairs Was I the only one upset about Camille's death? Maybe it was because I read The Infernal Devices first and I grew fond of her there as she plays a more important role in that trilogy. I liked her, she was cunning and mysterious. Plus, I didn't like the way she died, killed by a crazy brat (sorry Maureen!). I don't think someone as smart as Camille and with so much experience would be so easily killed. What do you think? Was it really necessary for Cassandra Clare to kill her?

message 2: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa I don't see why Cassandra killed Camille off. I was shocked when she got killed off. I also figured it was Maureen, too.
By the way, I can't stand Maureen. She's a bad girl. She's nothing but trouble, and sorry, but I do hope she dies soon.
Aren't we suppose to HATE Maureen?

message 3: by Alex (last edited May 03, 2015 07:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Her death makes more sense if you read The Bane Chronicles and you realize she is not there to be nice to anyone
@Ilaria and @Teresa

Ilaria Carstairs Teresa wrote: "I don't see why Cassandra killed Camille off. I was shocked when she got killed off. I also figured it was Maureen, too.
By the way, I can't stand Maureen. She's a bad girl. She's nothing but troub..."

Well we could say that Maureen is just another victim as she was tortured and then she was turned into a vampire. That's what drove her crazy. However, this doesn't allow her to go around killing people, killing Camille -.- I doubt it will end well for her, anyway.

✯ Alex ✯ wrote: "Her death makes more sense if you read The Bane Chronicles and you realize she is not there to be nice to anyone
@Ilaria and @Teresa"

Really? I guess I'll have to read The Bane Chronicles then.

message 5: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa I do feel sorry for what Maureen went through. And also her death, she wants to have vengence against Simon for what he did to her. Am I not right about that?

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* I haven't read the other series so the death didn't bother me at all. I may feel differently when I read that series.

Teresa,

She didn't want vengeance though, she was happy how she was, still in love with Simon, and just wanted to enjoy tormenting people.

Jacque Teresa wrote: "I don't see why Cassandra killed Camille off. I was shocked when she got killed off. I also figured it was Maureen, too.
By the way, I can't stand Maureen. She's a bad girl. She's nothing but troub..."

I don't think we are supposed to hate Maureen because Simon wasn't ever really nice to her so that made me feel sorry for her, and then she gets this power and finally she can get what she wants, whatever she wants, and no one can stop her or put her down and I have to say, I understand why she feels that way.

Allison Hmm I just finished City of Fallen Angels and I don't remember Camille dying...last thing that happened to her was Alec setting her free. Perhaps this should be posted on the following book?