UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > Ruth Rendell has died - RIP

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Sad news about a prolific writer.

She wrote more than 60 novels in a career spanning 50 years, her best-known creation being Inspector Wexford, which was turned into a highly successful TV series.

I will be adding a third book to the monthly selection soon. Any suggestions?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh thats sad :(. I wasn't a big fan, but I did read a few of her books and enjoy them.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2335 comments Sad news indeed.
Think From Doon With Death might be an idea for the monthly selection as it's the first of the Wexford books. Actually I've never been a big Wexford fan, but I remember enjoying this first book.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments That was the one I have been considering. Thanks Karen.

message 5: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm | 3 comments That's sad news, I did enjoy her books.

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I've never read any Rendell, although I did enjoy the Wexford TV series. Maybe I should read some.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh sad! Love her stuff but not the Wexford books, so much.

She also wrote as Barbara Vine. Loved all those books.

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11101 comments That's sad, not read many of hers but enjoyed the ones I did

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments How sad, a great loss to the litery world. I loved her books and the TV series.

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 2908 comments Oh no! Read a lot of her books years ago and enjoyed most of them.

Her Barbara Vine books are also worthy of consideration; A Dark-Adapted Eye, the first one, is probably the most highly rated.

message 11: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Another fan here,she will be sadly missed. R.I.P.