Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Specific IR Book Talk > Suggestions for contemporary romances with non stereotypical Latino love interests?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm at my wits end, all the books that feature Latino men as love interests are either highly fetishized(Latin lover anyone?) Or just plain stereotypical.

As an Afro-Latina I find it hard to swallow these depictions of men and I just find myself rolling my eyes trying to find a book that portrays a Latino male as a multifaceted human being or at least a guy I've dated!

Does anyone have any suggestions for any interracial romance books with a black woman/Latino male pairing be it contemporary or chick lit that feature Latino men in a positive light?

message 2: by Ladyamelia (new)

Ladyamelia | 173 comments I really enjoyed Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General) by Maureen Smith .

message 3: by Leichelle (last edited May 03, 2015 04:46PM) (new)

Leichelle | 22 comments I enjoyed Delaney Diamond's Hot Latin Men Series.
The Arrangement (Hot Latin Men #1) by Delaney Diamond Fight for Love (Hot Latin Men, #2) by Delaney Diamond Private Acts (Hot Latin Men, #3) by Delaney Diamond The Ultimate Merger (Hot Latin Men, #3.5) by Delaney Diamond Second Chances (Hot Latin Men, #4) by Delaney Diamond

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
LeichelleK wrote: "I enjoyed Delaney Diamond's Hot Latin Men Series.
The Arrangement (Hot Latin Men #1) by Delaney DiamondFight for Love (Hot Latin Men, #2) by Delaney DiamondPrivate Acts (Hot Latin Men, #3) by Delaney DiamondThe Ultimate Merger (Hot Latin Men, #3.5) by Delaney Diamond[bo..."

I'm glad you suggested these. I was thinking they would be good.

message 5: by Fiona (new)

Fiona McGier | 128 comments Free download: Prescription For Love: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

I wrote a series of 6 books that feature the various members of the Reyes family. They are all loving people, both men and women. The free download has a bi-racial woman who attracts the attention of the Reyes brother who moved back down to Mexico, to the town his abuelo was from. You can find out more about all of the Reyes books at: www.fionamcgier.com

message 6: by Leichelle (new)

Leichelle | 22 comments Just reread Ultimate Merger and Second Chances the other day, my favs. I thought the storytelling was excellent. Starting in June I hope to find more stories like this.
Happy Reading!