2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

3 views
Pendragon's Banner > B - April 460

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments I can't remember how book 1 ends but Arthur does not seem very popular at the moment. I am wondering how he will turn it around!


message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments I thought it was a nice for Arthur to do by taking on the slave.


message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "I can't remember how book 1 ends but Arthur does not seem very popular at the moment. I am wondering how he will turn it around!"

I also can't remember how it ends - I checked it was read 3 years ago! I think the anger to Arthur is a result of fear. They think him being involved in forming alliances is a sign of weakness. They want the opposition destroyed as they are scared of them, as is shown by the reaction of Gwen when she approaches Winta's settlement. He will have to win them round by securing peace and showing them he is a strong leader. Not an easy feat!


message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "I thought it was a nice for Arthur to do by taking on the slave."

Arthur doesn't seem very well known at the moment. He is King but he needs to be careful otherwise he will be killed in a tavern brawl! It was good how he wanted to protect the girl, or was this as a reaction to what he heard from the men about Winifred?


message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Who does Arthur have more to fear from, Morgause or Winifred? I fear for him on both fronts!


message 6: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Can Arthur win over his Council?


message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: " I checked it was read 3 years ago!..."

Wow was it really 3 years. No wonder my memory has failed me!


message 8: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "It was good how he wanted to protect the girl, or was this as a reaction to what he heard from the men about Winifred?..."

I do think he felt sorry for how the girl was being treated.


message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Who does Arthur have more to fear from, Morgause or Winifred? I fear for him on both fronts!"

Yes agree, both nasty! I actually think he should fear Winifred more as she seems very manipulative and conniving.


message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Can Arthur win over his Council?"

Mm not so sure but I have just read on a bit further. He's going to have think and act very cleverly.


message 11: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Who does Arthur have more to fear from, Morgause or Winifred? I fear for him on both fronts!"

Yes agree, both nasty! I actually think he should fear Winifred more as she seems very ..."


Yes very conniving but it seems Morgause will stop at nothing so he also has everything to fear here! Let's hope they don't join forces!


message 12: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Can Arthur win over his Council?"

Mm not so sure but I have just read on a bit further. He's going to have think and act very cleverly."


Some crucial days ahead!


back to top