2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Black Feathers (Black Dawn, #1)
This topic is about Black Feathers
. Week 24: A Cover > Black Feathers by Joseph D'Lacey

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I'm a dystopian/ post-apocalyptic books addict, so it was really easy to know I could enjoy Black Feathers, just looking at the cover. The title doesn't give clues about the post-apocalyptique setting, but the cover definitively has some good ones! (lucky me, the blurb is appealing)
description

Summary:
It is the Black Dawn, a time of environmental apocalypse, the earth wracked and dying.
It is the Bright Day, a time long generations hence, when a peace has descended across the world.
In each era, a child shall be chosen. Their task is to find a dark messiah known only as the Crowman. But is he our saviour – or the final incarnation of evil?

message 2: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
At 25%. So far, it's perfect. There are 2 sides in the story, from a pre-apocalyptic point of view and from a post one. There's a prophecity which adds an interesting atmosphere, and the pre-events feel really realistic (I want to go buy some canned foods).
For the moment, it's the better apocalyptic story I read, I'm interested in the characters and there are some perfect sentences! I hope it will continue like this all along the book :)