2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Steve Jobs
This topic is about Steve Jobs
. Week 26: Memoir > Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I chose Steve Jobs for this week because I think he had an interesting life.
There are some actors or authors I'm interested in too, because I thing they are people who also think/thought out of the box (like MJ Fox, Terry Pratchett or Joss Whedon), so they'll be added to my list if I enjoy this one.

Luisa (deborahluisa) Hey Zaz, i will be join you on this week!
I won this book when i graduated a few years ago but still havent read.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

message 4: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
For the moment, I don't really like how it's writen (I never read a memoir before) even if some anecdotes are interesting. I didn't read a lot but I already know that Jobs was a smart kid and a spoiled brat :p

message 5: by Zaz, Mood Minion (last edited Jun 29, 2015 08:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Jeez, I usually really like movies about computers/internet/whatever geek, so this book is painful. I want to rewatch all the movies and Halt and Catch Fire (the tv show) is trying to lure me into watching tv.

Otherwise, the book is an interesting computer history thing, I'm learning a lot about it, even if it's not easy to understand everything (what, they had to think to make/use pixels?). On the memoir side, there are few insights about Jobs' thoughts, it's more external points of view, which is a little disappointing. He didn't seem a nice person when he was young, so something more personal would have help to find him nicer or to understand why he was a jerk.

message 6: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Just finished some chapters about Pixar, they were really interesting (I'm a huge Pixar fan).
It was fun to read about the 1st advertising for the Apple products and to watch to commercials on Internet. I checked some pictures for the computers too.
I liked the parts with Jobs' kids, but as for the rest, I miss his own thoughts about the events.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Steve Jobs (other topics)