Smashwords Authors discussion

Author of the Month > Question about author of the month

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments We've been running these threads for a while now and I'd be interested to know if the participating authors have found them successful. Has it helped? Has it led you onto other things (like the anthologies)?
Have you found any new books you liked?

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments uhm... not really. Thing is, this is a group for Smashwords AUTHORS, not READERS. So it's a little like trying to sell to other writers - most useless marketing practice I can think of.
My 2c! :)

message 3: by A.L., Stormy Chronicler (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 998 comments True. I was wondering if the blogging helped.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) | 1185 comments A.L. wrote: "True. I was wondering if the blogging helped."

Didn't bring in sales for me. Brought more visits to my blog, especially when the guest author shared the post, but if that resulted in sales for them... they will have to answer that! :)

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 1397 comments I found a couple of new books I liked, but didn't really benefit any other way, to be honest.

Though, it's been interesting learning more about the authors in general.

message 6: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) I've purchase two books due to this thread (I think), and I've read some stories by some of the authors.