Bizarro Fiction discussion

Bigboobenstein
This topic is about Bigboobenstein
MAY- JEFF O'BRIEN > AUTHOR'S PICK: BIGBOOBENSTEIN

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Teresa (teresatheterrible) | 299 comments Mod
Hey kiddos! Here's where we shoot the shit about Jeff O'Brien's most popular book, Bigboobenstein. Take it away, people!

Stephanie Riley | 40 comments Just started reading this...I really like it so far. I'm digging Doctor Kuntz!

message 3: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff O'Brien (jeffkissarmy) | 24 comments Stephanie wrote: "Just started reading this...I really like it so far. I'm digging Doctor Kuntz!"

Thank you! I hope you dig the rest.

message 4: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff O'Brien (jeffkissarmy) | 24 comments Hey, people. The cover you see pictured here is no longer the cover, and I have a ton of the paperbacks with this old cover lying around. Just like I'm doing with Splatter House, I'll send you a signed copy for the discounted price of 7 bucks. Message me if interested.

Stephanie Riley | 40 comments Loved this story! Great combination of bizarro and horror. It was a blast to read! Adored all the characters. Amazing humor but with real underlining life lessons. ❤️

Stephanie Riley | 40 comments Jeff, do you have any copies and of the 2nd or 3rd installments?

Teresa (teresatheterrible) | 299 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Loved this story! Great combination of bizarro and horror. It was a blast to read! Adored all the characters. Amazing humor but with real underlining life lessons. ❤️"

I SOOOOO agree!!! It speaks volumes about self-confidence and being a strong woman...

message 8: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff O'Brien (jeffkissarmy) | 24 comments Thank you, Stephanie!

Stephanie Riley | 40 comments Oh definitely Theresa! Especially today where social media/Internet is splattered with images of so called flawless models. Also some solid themes on how one should be treated by their significant other. We don't have to put up with shit from the Jonhnnys on the world!

message 10: by Rick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rick (rwestbrock) | 143 comments I just got started on this, hopefully I will finish soon.

message 11: by Rick (last edited May 11, 2015 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rick (rwestbrock) | 143 comments Is it just me or did anyone else read "Police Chief Quimby" and immediately think of The Simpsons? (Chief Wiggum + Mayor Quimby)

Stephanie Riley | 40 comments I absolutely did too!

message 13: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff O'Brien (jeffkissarmy) | 24 comments I was actually channeling Chief Quimby from Inspector Gadget. But those other two guys are awesome too.

message 14: by Rick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rick (rwestbrock) | 143 comments I just finished, what a fun read! I love all the musical references. The only little tiny nitpick I might have was how quickly the living took to sex with the undead, I'd think the green skin and the smell would be very off-putting.

I figured that Johnny's paradise wasn't going to be what he expected but I sure didn't expect what he got in the end (so to speak). If you can't tell my brain is constantly relating things that I read to something else, for example the rhyming trolls reminded me a bit of the Underpants Gnomes from South Park for some strange reason.

It took me a page or two to get the joke with Isor's name, I was seeing Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein as soon as I read his name. Ron was a good character also, I liked reading about his take on the situation and his analysis of how Johnny got people to follow him.

message 15: by Jeff (new) - added it

Jeff O'Brien (jeffkissarmy) | 24 comments FINALLY SOMEONE GETS THE ISOR JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Rick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rick (rwestbrock) | 143 comments Yeah the lightbulb went off and I laughed my ass off. It was Igor from Young Frankenstein that made me get it due to the rhyming. :)