Wuthering Heights
This topic is about Wuthering Heights
Read > Wuthering Heights

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Michelle (artemitch) I just got done reading this a week ago!

I thought it was pretty good. Although the characters weren't (at all) likable, they give us a good story. I liked that there isn't just the aspect of love - there's also the jealousy and the vengeance. (Healthcliff is really despicable, in my opinion.)

Compared to Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, this book has a MUCH darker tone. It's interesting to see how the two sisters' writing differ.

I ultimately gave it four stars. Good story, excellent writing.

message 3: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michelle wrote: "I just got done reading this a week ago!

I thought it was pretty good. Although the characters weren't (at all) likable, they give us a good story. I liked that there isn't just the aspect of love..."

I agree with you. I liked the writing structure and the story, but I like Jane Eyre more.

Mariah (bizarrebrunette) I actually really hated this book and I love Jane eyre so I thought I would like this. It was so depressing all the time and it didn't get better. I absolutely hated heathclif as a character and I just don't get the appeal of this book

message 5: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's bad. :(

message 6: by Wren (new) - added it

Wren Figueiro | 12 comments Definitely not my favorite story. Yes, Heathcliff is awful, but so is Catherine. They don't treat each other well at all. Maybe you have to have lived within that society with those types of expectations in order to truly appreciate the story.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) A little dark for me. I read it quite some time ago, and think I have to try again to fully appreciate it.