English Mysteries Club discussion

The Mad Hatter Mystery (Dr. Gideon Fell, #2)
This topic is about The Mad Hatter Mystery
Book of the Month pre-2020 > May 2015 - The Mad Hatter Mystery

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharla (new)

Sharla I really like John Dickson Carr and would love to read this. It isn't available on Kindle and only in paperback otherwise, which due to limited vision I cannot read. My library doesn't have it but might be able to get it through interlibrary loan. I'll have to check on that Monday. Anyone have other suggestions?

Leslie | 1663 comments I put in my request via interlibrary loan. I don't have any other ideas other than to corral someone into reading the paperback to you (not really serious about that, as I assume if you had that possibility you would have already thought about it). Sorry...

message 3: by Sharla (new)

Sharla Leslie wrote: "I put in my request via interlibrary loan. I don't have any other ideas other than to corral someone into reading the paperback to you (not really serious about that, as I assume if you had that p..."

I will try the interlibrary loan route. Hopefully they will be able to find one.

message 4: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen (raven51) I can't find a copy of it at my library. :(

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments My library doesn't have it either. I'm surprised that Amazon doesn't have a kindle edition.

Leslie | 1663 comments Mary Ellen wrote: "I can't find a copy of it at my library. :("

Perhaps they have it in one of the omnibus editions such as A Dr. Fell Omnibus or "The John Dickson Carr Omnibus" (which I couldn't find a link for but my library system has).

Arpita (BagfullofBooks) (bagfullofbooks) | 157 comments I've ordered the omnibus edition a week ago but someone is SITTING on it ! I will join in with the commentary later because I'm interested to read it.

message 8: by Sandy (last edited May 05, 2015 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sandy | 83 comments My library system has only one copy. It is currently out and has a hold on it, so I won't get it for weeks. I may skip this read as I have so many other books and series started. I'll be following the thread to see if I should seek out the book later. Enjoy! Think I'll return to the Delano Ames series. I quite liked that one. And there are more Ruth Galloway's.

Leslie | 1663 comments My library copy has arrived, so I will be starting soon.

message 10: by Shera (new)

Shera (goodreadscomShera) | 0 comments I found a used copy on Amazon for 13 cents plus postage. Hard to beat the price.

message 11: by Dale (new)

Dale Try www.alibris.com. They have quite a few copies for sale, starting at $0.99

Leslie | 1663 comments I have been in a bit of a reading slump so I didn't get to this until a few days ago. I finished this morning. I liked this very much but I was surprised that it wasn't a locked room scenario!

Diane Well, I just got the book from the interlibrary loan. I forgot to ask where the library was located that sent it. Reading the conversations above leaves me puzzled. Most of the conversation involves procurement of the book and, except for Leslie, no comments or discussions about the book itself. I'm still going to read it though.

message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments I couldn't find it except in mass paperback . I hate reading books in that format. If I could have found it I definitely would have read and discussed it. Maybe we should make sure a book is readily available before choosing it.

message 15: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments I couldn't find it except in mass paperback . I hate reading books in that format. If I could have found it I definitely would have read and discussed it. Maybe we should make sure a book is readily available before choosing it.

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Hi is there a June book? New here so not sure how it works. Thank you

message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments I think Jean-Luc said no one was discussing so we would wait a while.

message 18: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments I think Jean-Luc said no one was discussing so we would wait a while.

message 19: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments As you can see, I'm not very good at this. I post everything twice! Welcome to the group.

Diane I did like the book and enjoy the older ones for historic material. It was amazing how a gentleman would rather not go out in public than have either no hat or an inappropriate one.

message 21: by Kay (new)

Kay | 218 comments Yes, I love those old ones, too. Couldn't find the Mad Hatter though