2017 Reading Challenge discussion

Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2)
This topic is about Rebel Angels
15/Set during Christmas > Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I was so happy to find a category to fit this book! After reading the first one, "A Great and Terrible Beauty", I was excited to read the next one, but didn't want to steer away from the challenge, but since "Rebel Angels" takes place during the Christmas holidays, I thought to fit it here.

I liked this one far better than the first. First of all, things pick up pace from the very begginning, it doesn't drag as much as "A Great and Terrible Beauty" and even the scenes that aren't part of the main plot are interesting and hold you. I loved how Gemma matured through this book, even though she annoyed the hell out of me with her lack of trust in herself, in her instinct (that were mostly right), to listen to others who didn't know a thing about what they were talking about (yes, Felicity, I'm looking at you), only leading to trouble and danger. But, at last, she found her confidence and the ending couldn't left me more satisfied.

Libba Bray did a great job leading me stray, throwing leads here and there that leaded to a lot of places and made me suspect one person at first and then the other and then back to the first person and so on. It only added to the surprising ending!

Also, the book deals a lot with the destinyxchoice thing, and it was interesting to see the characters opinion on this.

Overall, I liked it a lot and can't wait for the final book!

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 280 comments It is a good book...and, you could have fit all three into the trilogy category if you still had that open. But, you are correct, this is also a good place to put it.

I loved all three of the books, and have her Diviner's book on my wish list. (want to get it read before the new one comes out in August.)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) Yeah,I do have the trilogy category filled,but I think I have yet to fill the book with magic one,so I'll ptobably fit the last one into that. Oh,I have the Diviners on my TBR too!Didn't know there would be a second one!