Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Previous BOTM threads > The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited May 01, 2015 08:28PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
Greetings Lovers of Paranormal!

Ooh! An urban fantasy novel is one of our winners this month, and best of all, this full-length story is *FREE* on all distribution platforms, so you won't have to wait until payday to dive into the book buddy goodness!

The Emperor's Edge (The Emperor's Edge, #1) by Lindsay Buroker Lindsay Buroker

"Imperial law enforcer Amaranthe Lokdon is good at her job: she can deter thieves and pacify thugs, if not with a blade, then by toppling an eight-foot pile of coffee canisters onto their heads. But when ravaged bodies show up on the waterfront, an arson covers up human sacrifices, and a powerful business coalition plots to kill the emperor, she feels a tad overwhelmed.

Worse, Sicarius, the empire's most notorious assassin, is in town. He's tied in with the chaos somehow, but Amaranthe would be a fool to cross his path. Unfortunately, her superiors order her to hunt him down. Either they have an unprecedented belief in her skills... or someone wants her dead..."

Are you reading The Emperor's Edge? Why not shout it out if you're reading it so you can find a book buddy, and then drop your thoughts into the discussion thread below. Just be kind, please, and use the spoiler .html to hide the worst of the spoilers so those who aren't as far along as you are don't get the surprises revealed.

Be epic!
Anna Erishkigal

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele Wesley (michelewesley) | 1 comments I love the free stuff. Already downloaded and can't wait to get into it.

message 3: by K.S. (new)

K.S. Marsden (ksmarsden) | 5 comments I've already read the whole series and loved it. Can't wait to see what you all think.

message 4: by S.B. (new)

S.B. James | 9 comments I downloaded this quite a while ago, but haven't had the chance to read it. Putting it on my bookshelf!

message 5: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
I just downloaded it :-)

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 31 comments I already had it, will start today:)

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments Yay! Free. I just picked it up. I liked another book I read by her, so looking forward to this :)

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina | 8 comments I've read the series and I love it! I'm wondering what others will say about it.

message 9: by Gina (new)

Gina | 8 comments I've read the series and I love it! I'm wondering what others will say about it.

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments Okay. So I guiltily finished the whole book. It was action packed. I loved how she essentially developed an A-Team in a fantasy world. Guess who I think Face is ;). And now I need to find time to read more of them :)

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 15 comments Im about halfway finished and I really like. I went to check out the next books in the series and found a boxed set of 1,2,&3http://www.amazon.com/Emperors-Edge-C... for 99¢. Cool!

message 12: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments Andrea. I went ahead and started on the next book. You won't be disappointed :)

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 15 comments Just hit the blindside surprise near the end. Whoah! I assume that will be a major plot point in the next book. But I find myself uncertain who to root for now.

message 14: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments I think I know which surprise you are talking about. But it certainly makes sense for the motivation of that character to continue the way it is in this books and the next.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 15 comments Kathleen, (view spoiler)

message 16: by Kathleen (last edited May 10, 2015 10:35AM) (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments Andrea I get the impression that Amaranthe is somewhere between Sespian's age (she has been an enforcer for seven years if I remember the 1st chapter right) and Sicarius's based on his description. I would say more, but I don't know how to use the spoiler. But I would recommend to keep reading the series :)

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 15 comments Kathleen, it was mentioned in Book 1 that she is 25 years old. Twelve years is about my limit on the age spread between romantic interests. Just my personal idiosyncrosy. I know it doesn't bother some but for me the bigger the age gap the higher my ick factor. I don't see how a male or female could be attracted to someone so much younger than they are.

message 18: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments Hmmm. I agree with the age gap actually, but I might be biased since my husband is less than a year different from me :)

message 19: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments Hmmm. I agree with the age gap actually, but I might be biased since my husband is less than a year different from me :)

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) My rule of thumb is "if a person is young enough to be my child then they are way too young for me."

message 21: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Rovner | 25 comments That sounds like a good rule Jeffrey :) I'm glad it isn't that way in this book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Emperor's Edge (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lindsay Buroker (other topics)