Space Opera Fans discussion

Contract of Betrayal (Spectras Arise Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Contract of Betrayal
Previous BOTM Threads > Contract of Betrayal: Book 2 of the Spectras Arise Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Greetings Space Opera Fans!

It's time to move onto Book 2 of the Spectras Arise trilogy, Contract of Betrayal by Tammy Salyer:

Contract of Betrayal (Spectras Arise Trilogy, Book 2) by Tammy Salyer Tammy Salyer

"In a bid to free the settlers of Agate Beach from their dependence on picking at Admin scraps, Corps-deserter Aly Erikson's crew is willing to make a few deals, even with the devil. When Aly learns her friends have deceived her, she has to decide which is stronger: her sense of having been betrayed or her allegiance to the rebel cause. After an old ally offers her a convenient escape to a new life, the decision should be easy. But when the Corps threatens to wipe out everything that matters to her, the only course of action left is the same one she’s taken for as long as she can remember—fighting back..."

And don't forget that if you haven't started reading it yet, you can pick up the entire Spectras Arise trilogy in a bargain omnibus edition, so there's no reason why y'all can't get caught up :-)

Spectras Arise Trilogy Omnibus Edition by Tammy Salyer

Are you reading Contract of Defiance? Why not shout it out if you're reading it so you can find a book buddy, and then drop your thoughts into the discussion thread below. Just be kind, please, and use the spoiler .html to hide the worst of the spoilers so those who aren't as far along as you are don't get the surprises revealed.

Be epic!
Anna Erishkigal

Blake (boggle3) | 6 comments I really loved the first two books of this trilogy and couldn't put them down. Unfortunately, for some reason, I just couldn't get into book three. The writing style just felt so disjointed and different from the first two books. Maybe it is just me. I will try to read it again after I finish some other books in my queue.

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 303 comments I liked the first and have just bought books two and three (and the freebie novella). I somehow missed the fact there was an omnibus edition, but never mind...

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Helloooooooo...

Hi Tammy! Would you be willing to answer our Awesome Author Interview questions? Meant to ask you last month, but was kinda busy. Get them to me anytime this month and I'll post it and announce it to the entire community.

Questions: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thanks!

message 5: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Salyer (tammysalyer) Anna wrote: "Helloooooooo...

Hi Tammy! Would you be willing to answer our Awesome Author Interview questions? Meant to ask you last month, but was kinda busy. Get them to me anytime this month and I'll post..."

Hi Anna,
Thanks so much for the invitation. I probably won't get a chance to do the interview thanks to be swamped with the process of moving this month, and of course hammering out a new series. But I'll lurk on the forums, and if anyone has questions, I'll be happy to answer all and sundry. Thanks again for having my books on here!
Tammy

message 6: by Steph (last edited May 08, 2015 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 303 comments I've just begun reading this. Quite a laid-back start, I thought; and the subtle recaps back to book one are handled nicely. Definitely less frantic than the first.

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 303 comments Well... I've finished it. I'm still thinking about what to say in a review. I ended up reading the last three chapters twice, because I was convinced I'd missed a vital scene. It felt like an old Greek drama where the big finale happens off stage and it's relayed back to the audience by a passing herald.

Is anyone else reading this? Various bits reminded me of the film Serenity, perhaps too much. It had me hooked though; I've already started book three.

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 303 comments I've posted a short review. It felt less complete than the first book (isn't that a common issue with the middle of a trilogy?) but it's still a good read. The unglamorous side of combat life comes out really well.