What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. this is a romance book about the fae. this woman was raised as a human ( i think) but had powers and a fae warrior helped her control her powers when she was a child

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 5 comments What i remember about the description is that a woman thought she was human but had powers and a far warrior helped her control her powers when she was little and became her friend/protector. Then when she got older her, she learned that she was far and (maybe a missing princess./queen?) I know that the woman and the far warrior who was her protector fall in love and end up together. Also, they must defeat an enemy faction of fae.

I know that there are multiple books in this series and her cousin ends us being found among the humans and is a queen/princess as well of a different faction of fae.

I know this is very vague and kind of scattered sounding but if anybody knows what I am talking about please help! Thanks so much

message 2: by Roopkatha (new)

Roopkatha (witchyglitterati) | 7 comments Angel Fire thrillogy by L.A. Weatherly?

message 3: by Roopkatha (new)

Roopkatha (witchyglitterati) | 7 comments Or it could also be Hopeless Magic series by Rachel Higginson.

message 4: by Layla (new)

Layla Nelli | 4 comments I'm not sure if your thinking about need by carrie jones
It's a series too look into it and if it's not your book , it's a good fae book

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 5 comments those were good suggestions but the book I'm looking for is more adultish than YA but thanks for the suggestions

message 6: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments It sounds kind of like the second and third books in Gillian Philip's Rebel Angels series: In Bloodstone by Gillian Philip Finn is a fae girl being raised in the human world who thinks she's human.
Then in the third book, Wolfsbane (Rebel Angels, #3) by Gillian Philip , they find Hannah who is half human, half fae, and I believe she is Finn's cousin. There is definitely a war going on between different groups of the fae.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela | 4 comments I think you're looking for the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa!

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
The Iron King is the first book in Angela's suggestion. It seems to fit the description, but then again, so do some of the others. Hope you find it Alexis

message 9: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 5 comments gah those aren't it but thanks for the suggestion. i think that the author was an indie author and wrote more adultish books

message 10: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments Apparently these are very common themes in fae fantasy! When did you read these? It would help to know approximately how old the books were.

message 11: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1206 comments Here's another possibility. This one is definitely adult, but I read them a long time ago and don't remember if the details match:

The Pillars of the World (Tir Alainn, #1) by Anne Bishop The Pillars of the World
Shadows and Light (Tir Alainn, #2) by Anne Bishop Shadows and Light
The House of Gaian (Tir Alainn, #3) by Anne Bishop The House of Gaian

message 12: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 5 comments I haven't read the books yet but I read the description of it and then when i was about to buy it my computer crashed and now I can't find it again. I am pretty sure that it was published in the last couple years like after 2010 i think.

Adele, those were good suggestions but they are not it but I will check them out. thanks

message 13: by Rashida (new)

Rashida | 4 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Have a Look to this story of Ellie Cassie, may be this is your story..

message 14: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 5 comments Rashida wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Have a Look to this story of Ellie Cassie, may be this is your story.."

this is not the one I'm looking for but thanks for the suggestion

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Alexis, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Alexis, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.