Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Genre Review Groups > Horror Review Group 4 (done)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by R. (last edited May 10, 2015 12:05PM) (new)

R. Leib | 765 comments Mod
In joining this review group you are agreeing to review any book assigned to you within a two month time period. If you do not agree, please do not sign up below.

This is the Horror review group, which will include all types of books classified as horror. As with other review groups, you will be expected to read and give an honest review of the book assigned to you. Assignments will be made after the group sign-up has filled.

Participants are expected to post reviews to Goodreads. If the Goodreads review is positive (three stars or higher), the review should be posted to Amazon as well, if the book is available there. This makes having accounts with both Goodreads and Amazon.com a requirement.

If a reviewer and the author agree that the review should not be posted to Goodreads due to quality issues, the reviewer is relieved of the requirement of posting the review. If this occurs in the first round, the second reviewer is relieved of the requirement to read and review the book. This is entirely at the discretion of the reviewer and is not intended in any way to manipulate the rating of any book.

Contact the authors you are scheduled to review to arrange to receive a review copy of their work.

Please post to this topic, both when you receive review copies and when you post the reviews.

If you are going to be late with your review, either post to this topic as soon as possible or message the author and the moderator.

If your book has not been reviewed by the deadline for either round, contact the review group moderator. This is necessary to make certain that the review process is fair for everyone.

THE AUTHORS AND BOOKS ARE:

01 Shane Hall - Rooted and Four Other Disturbing Stories Rooted and Four Other Disturbing Stories by Shane Hall

02 D.M. Wolfenden - Behind Blue Eyes Behind Blue Eyes by D.M. Wolfenden

03 T.S. Dann - Nightmarescape Nightmarescape by T.S. Dann

04 Susanne Leist - The Dead Game The Dead Game by Susanne Leist

05 Kshitij - Goodbye John (Dark n Devilry, #1). Goodbye John (Dark n Devilry, #1). by Kshitij

06 Tanya R. Simon - Mystery's Choice Mystery's Choice (Vengeance Of The Fallen Book 1) by Tanya R. Simon

THE ORDER OF REVIEW IS AS FOLLOWS:

May 11 to June 11
Shane Hall reviews D.M. Wolfenden
D.M. Wolfenden reviews Tanya R. Simon
T.S. Dann reviews Susanne Leist
Susanne Leist reviews Shane Hall
Kshitij reviews T.S. Dann
Tanya R. Simon reviews Kshitij

June 11 to July 11
Shane Hall reviews Tanya R. Simon
D.M. Wolfenden reviews Susanne Leist
T.S. Dann reviews D.M. Wolfenden
Susanne Leist reviews Kshitij
Kshitij reviews Shane Hall
Tanya R. Simon reviews T.S. Dann

message 2: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Hi there! I'd like to join this group, and my book is a short collection of bite-sized psychological horror stories. It's easily read in one sitting, but I myself can review a work of any reasonable length. Novels are totally fine and I read quickly.
Rooted and Four Other Disturbing Stories
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rooted-Four-Oth...

Looking forward to seeing what I'll review!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 01, 2015 10:06PM) (new)

message 4: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Dann (tsdann) | 6 comments I want in. My book Nightmarescape is a brutal afterlife tale. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 5: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Leist (susanneleist) | 71 comments Hi,
Could I sign up for this group if I participated in the last group? If yes, then I would like to include, The Dead Game, into this group.
Thanks,
Susanne

message 6: by Kshitij (new)

Kshitij | 12 comments Hi please include me
My book is Goodbye John

message 7: by R. (new)

I am going to give this review group until this Friday for another author to sign up. If no one has signed up by then, we will go to the review phase with five authors.

R.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

R, FYI

Susanne & Kshitij have already reviewed my book

message 9: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Leist (susanneleist) | 71 comments I've only read D.M.'s book and not the others.

message 10: by R. (last edited May 05, 2015 11:22PM) (new)

D.M. wrote: "R, FYI

Susanne & Kshitij have already reviewed my book"

That is a bit of a problem. If an author excludes two potential reviewers and cannot review them, there is no way to arrange the schedule without creating a conflict.

What I suggest is that, if Susanne and Kshitij agree, we will suspend the restriction on you reviewing their works. They will just not be scheduled to review your book, but you will be scheduled to review one or both of their books. As long as neither Susanne nor Kshitij has a problem with this, we can proceed.

Susanne and Kshitij:

What do you say?

R.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited May 06, 2015 03:59AM) (new)

I'm cool with that, I always leave an unbiased review, but thought it was best to let you know.

If it does become a problem I'll sit out till the next group is up and running :)

R. wrote: "D.M. wrote: "R, FYI

Susanne & Kshitij have already reviewed my book"

That is a bit of a problem. If an author excludes two potential reviewers and cannot review them, there is no way to arrange ..."

message 12: by Kshitij (new)

Kshitij | 12 comments Thanks D.M
I don't have any problem with it. I'm more than happy to have my book reviewed by you.

message 13: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Leist (susanneleist) | 71 comments There's no problem with me.

message 14: by R. (new)

That's cool. I'm coming to the opinion that Horror writers are the nicest people.

R.

message 15: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Same here!

message 16: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments I know I am dreadfully late, got wrapped up in my WIP. If it is not too late. I would love to add my book and for a chance at reviewing one of the others. I have not read any of them, I read quickly and thoroughly and could still have my review in on time. My book is
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

I understand if it is just too late and I will try to catch the next round. Thank you!

Tanya

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I think you still in time Tanya, R hasn't issued the rounds yet :)

message 18: by R. (new)

Authors:

Thanks to my senior moment and my missing the Friday cut-off date, we have a sixth author for our review group. (Serendipitous, isn't it? I love it when things comes together despite the plan.)

The schedule is published in the initial post for this topic.

Please update this topic when you receive your review copy and when you post your review. If you have any problems or concerns, please let me know.

R.

message 19: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Susanne wrote: "Hi,
Could I sign up for this group if I participated in the last group? If yes, then I would like to include, The Dead Game, into this group.
Thanks,
Susanne"

Hi Susanne! It looks like you're assigned to review my book. Please email me at shanecarlhall@gmail.com when you can. Thanks!

Also, to D.M.: I have my copy of Behind Blue Eyes since it was free on Amazon. I'm reading it now and should have a review soon.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Shane

Great thank you <3

D

Shane wrote: "Susanne wrote: "Hi,
Thanks,
Susanne"
Hi Susanne! It looks l..."

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited May 11, 2015 05:27AM) (new)

Tanya & T.S

can you message me regarding reviewing, I tried to message you guys but it keeps failing for some reason? It could be my works PC's as I work away from home. I don't like to put my email on group pages; just in case spammers are out there watching (isn't paranoia part of horror) ;-)

D

message 22: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Dann (tsdann) | 6 comments D.M.,
I tried to message you, but it's not showing a link to your page where I can message you...

message 23: by R. (new)

T.S. wrote: "D.M.,
I tried to message you, but it's not showing a link to your page where I can message you..."

Right next to the "Follow Author" button the is a faint down arrow. Click on the down arrow, and a menu will appear containing the selection, "Send message".

R.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

T.S. wrote: "D.M.,
I tried to message you, but it's not showing a link to your page where I can message you..."

No worries T.S, I'm home on Thursday, so I'll message you then if you are still having problems getting in touch with me :)

message 25: by Kshitij (new)

Kshitij | 12 comments Hi, Shane & T.S.
Kindly email your book in mobi format at kshitij.bhoumik@hotmail.com

Tanya and Susanne, can you please let me know your email address and the preferred format. Or you can send a test mail on above email.

Thanks.

message 26: by Tanya (last edited May 12, 2015 01:00PM) (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments Hi! I did not read all the way down the page and I bought the book I am to review. I am about 20% in. And I will be contacting, Kshitij as soon as I am ready to do my review.

Thanks for including me!

Tanya

message 27: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments T.S. I am ready to review your book. If you are offering a review copy, please send it to thechoice2014@yahoo.com . Thank you! Looking forward to the read!

Tanya

message 28: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments D.M and Shane, let me know when you are ready for your copies and where you would like them sent. Thanks!

message 29: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Tanya wrote: "D.M and Shane, let me know when you are ready for your copies and where you would like them sent. Thanks!"

Hi Tanya,

You can email me at shanecarlhall@gmail.com with the file. A MOBI will do, or a PDF. Thanks!

message 30: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Dann (tsdann) | 6 comments Tanya wrote: "T.S. I am ready to review your book. If you are offering a review copy, please send it to thechoice2014@yahoo.com . Thank you! Looking forward to the read!

Tanya"

Tanya, do you want an epub, mobi, or pdf file?

message 31: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Dann (tsdann) | 6 comments Kshitij wrote: "Hi, Shane & T.S.
Kindly email your book in mobi format at kshitij.bhoumik@hotmail.com

Kshitij, same question...do you want an epub, mobi, or pdf file?

message 32: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments Kshitij I just wanted you to know your review of "Goodbye John" is posted on GoodReads and I will be posting it to Amazon in a moment!

Tanya

message 33: by Kshitij (new)

Kshitij | 12 comments Thanks, Tanya:)

message 34: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Hey Tanya, just letting you know I got the book from Amazon so I'm all set to read it. Thanks!

message 35: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments T.S.

I have a mac, so I think PDF, would be safest. Thank you. I am looking forward to the read!

Tanya

message 36: by Kshitij (new)

Kshitij | 12 comments My review of Rooted
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

thanks.

message 37: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Hi Kshitij, thanks for the review.

Shane

message 38: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments T.S. I just wanted you to know your review is posted here and on Amazon! Great Read!

message 39: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Leist (susanneleist) | 71 comments I posted reviews for Rooted on Goodreads and Amazon. I enjoyed the stories.
Susanne

message 40: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Hey Susanne, thanks for the review!

Shane

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

My reviews for Tanya's Mystery's choice, and Susanne's The dead game - Thank you ladies, for these enjoyable reads - also left the review on Amazon US & UK

The dead game

Mystery's choice

message 42: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Leist (susanneleist) | 71 comments D.M. wrote: "My reviews for Tanya's Mystery's choice, and Susanne's The dead game - Thank you ladies, for these enjoyable reads - also left the review on Amazon US & UK

The dead game
https://www.goodreads.com..."

Thank you D.M. for the nice review,
Susanne

message 43: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Simon (tanyarsimon) | 10 comments Thank you so much, D. M.!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

You are both welcome ladies :)

message 45: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) Hey D.M., I have the review of Behind Blue Eyes up now. Sorry for being late on that, I totally forgot.

I'm a pretty critical guy, but I still found the book enjoyable at times. Here's my review if you want to see all my thoughts. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Any comments or questions, just let me know. I like to be as constructive as I can.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Shane, so I see LOL
The review OK, it was honest, and no one can ask for more (y) I did get a graphic designer who cost me a fortune for the cover, now I'm thinking... DOH.
Can you post the review to Amazon when you get a chance please. Thanks

DM

Shane wrote: "Hey D.M., I have the review of Behind Blue Eyes up now. Sorry for being late on that, I totally forgot.

I'm a pretty critical guy, but I still found the book enjoyable at times. Here's my review i..."

message 47: by Shane (new)

Shane Hall (shanehall) D.M. wrote: "Hi Shane, so I see LOL
The review OK, it was honest, and no one can ask for more (y) I did get a graphic designer who cost me a fortune for the cover, now I'm thinking... DOH.
Can you post the rev..."

Okay great, I just sent it an Amazon version. That's funny about the design, oh well.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Shane wrote: "D.M. wrote: "Hi Shane, so I see LOL
Can you..."

Cheers

message 49: by Susanne (last edited Jun 17, 2015 09:56PM) (new)

Susanne Leist (susanneleist) | 71 comments Hi,
I left a review for Kshitij's book on Goodreads.com
Susanne

message 50: by Kshitij (last edited Jun 19, 2015 05:12AM) (new)

Kshitij | 12 comments Thanks, Susanne. Can you put it on Amazon as well?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.