Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Self-Promo: Books and Blogs > new serial novel with homeschooled heroes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Wilson | 4 comments Hi, members. I would like to introduce myself and mention the release of the first book in a six-part serial entitled "The King's Puzzle".

This mystery novel features two homeschooled 16-year-olds, Angus and Amanda. A letter from Buckingham Palace prompts them to search for the King’s Puzzle, a treasure hunt that Angus's ten-year-old grandfather created for King George VI to solve while touring Canada in 1939.

In attempting to solve Angus's family mystery, the teens come up against the levers of the modern day Nanny State (police, fire authorities, green energy developers, the state broadcaster, even a militant feminist organization) in Ontario, Canada.

The first book in the serial is a free download, which you can find here: The King's Puzzle, Book 1 (free download)

Will look forward to getting to know others on this list.

All the best,
Ian Wilson

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
Welcome Ian and good luck with your series!

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian Wilson | 4 comments Masha wrote: "Welcome Ian and good luck with your series!"

Thank you, Masha. I'm looking forward to getting to know the group.

Ian

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Baker | 75 comments Welcome aboard, Ian! I've loaded your first on Kindle; look forward to Home-scooled kids are so often more well-mannered, and downright well-educated. It will be interesting to see what this dislike.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Baker | 75 comments Er, this should read "what this is like," not what it says.

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian Wilson | 4 comments Thank you, Diane. I am a homeschoolung dad, with two boys in their teens. So a lot of the material for the book is based on personal experience. Thank you for checking it out! Cheers, Ian.

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian Wilson | 4 comments And mine should have read homeschooling!