Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Aerisia: Land Beyond The Sunset (The Sunset Lands Beyond, #1)
This topic is about Aerisia
Giveaways > Giveaways on Instagram...advice?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Ashwood (sarahashwood) | 27 comments Hi all, so I'm looking for advice from any fellow authors who are on Instagram and using it to promote their books, specifically when it comes to giveaways. I thought I'd try my hand at an Instagram giveaway, giving away a print copy of the first book in my trilogy. I usually get anywhere from 30-50 likes on every post I make, but yesterday when I posted about my giveaway I got less than a dozen likes. And no re-posts yet. So I'm not sure what to think. Do any of you have any advice? I'm wondering if my picture doesn't look professional enough, or maybe the writing isn't clear enough...I don't know. Would appreciate any tips. My Instagram handle is @runnerwritermom, if you care to check it out and see.

message 2: by Wren (new)

Wren (wrenlee) Hi, Sarah,
I'm not an author, so you may not consider my opinion.
But I have seen and entered many Instagram-based book giveaways.

If you use the hashtag #bookgiveaway, that will help.
It also helps if you have a following. I know that last year two AWESOME bookstagramers Ella and Bekka had a YALC giveaway. They had a large following ALREADY, so it was easier for them to have entries. Throwing in other things like bookmarks or stickers or buttons will help as well.
These just things I've seen.
Check out the #bookgiveaway and see. Sometimes there are some cool books out there being given away. Maybe that could give you some ideas.

Just my thoughts.
-Wren

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread