Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's april reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments a few mysteries, a few reads with my students and an ARC by mary alice monroe- the 3rd in a trilogy.

Manhattan Mayhem: New Crime Stories from Mystery Writers of America- edited by mary higgins clark (sampler that I won from goodreads. loved the stories that were included)
Endangered- j box
The Stranger- coben (eh)
The Summer's End- mary alice monroe
Hatchet- gary paulson
Shiloh- phyllis reynolds naylor

message 2: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments Good month, Sherry. I have Endangered waiting to be read.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7792 comments Manhattan Mayhem sounds interesting! Looking foward to a summer of beach reading?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Good month Sherry.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments So glad I decided to pass on THE STRANGER. Think I'll continue to give Harlan's standalones a wide berth! They always disappoint me.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14213 comments Good month, Sherry! I know The Stranger was eh, (and don't disagree) but it has been good discussion fodder at least. I can't disagree with giving the Coben standalones a wide berth though.
Melodie wrote: "So glad I decided to pass on THE STRANGER. Think I'll continue to give Harlan's standalones a wide berth! They always disappoint me."

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Manhattan Mayhem sounds interesting! Looking foward to a summer of beach reading?"

oh yes! you should see the pile of beach reads i have on my shelf, thanks to annie at bank square. :)

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Ann wrote: "Good month, Sherry! I know The Stranger was eh, (and don't disagree) but it has been good discussion fodder at least. I can't disagree with giving the Coben standalones a wide berth though.
Melodi..."

totally agree, ann. the discussion was the best part of the book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Great month Sherry. :)

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Good month Sherry.

message 11: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3475 comments another good month. I'm behind on Mary alice's books. Haven't read her books in more than a year if not longer. She used to be a regular on the first romance board I was on when I first did the message boards on AOL. I even her a signed personalized book of her's.

message 12: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Donnajo wrote: "another good month. I'm behind on Mary alice's books. Haven't read her books in more than a year if not longer. She used to be a regular on the first romance board I was on when I first did the..."

what fun, dj. she came to our local indie a few years ago and was really entertaining.