Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Beta Readers for 85K Contemporary Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brent (new)

Brent Griffiths (bjgriffiths) I just finished writing my first novel and I am looking for Beta readers to provide feedback on plot, character and a general critique. I am not looking for a line edit for grammar, spelling or punctuation at this time.

The novel contains some sex, violence and swearing.

Here's the pitch:
Forty thousand years ago a war broke out between a race of peaceful, psychically gifted hominids and the more aggressive, creative Homo sapiens, a war that is still being fought in the shadows of the modern world. Ancient Evil, an eighty five thousand word contemporary fantasy novel, explores the origins of this conflict as well as the impact that it has on our protagonists in the modern world.

The story flows through three discrete timelines that first appear to be unrelated. The stories converge as the characters and the rules of this fictional universe start to overlap. In the 1990s, at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland, an oppressive force manifests in the ancient town as love blooms between the shy parapsychologist, Finn, and Bex, a confident postgrad. In 2012 in Edinburgh, we follow a horrendously injured inventor and entrepreneur as he hunts the coven of beautiful sociopathic monsters that mutilated his body. In the third timeline, forty millennia in the past, a young man comes of age in a city ruled by a non-human hominid race.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested.

Thanks

message 2: by Geneva (new)

Geneva Boehlen It sounds interesting to me. Honestly i have never done this before but i read all of the time and believe my feedback would be useful. Bethsfiercegirl@yahoo.com

message 3: by Brent (new)

Brent Griffiths (bjgriffiths) Hi Geneva,

Sounds perfect, I have not done this before either! I'll e-mail you the manuscript.

Thanks in advance.