2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Pendragon's Banner > A - November 459

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments What did you think about Arthur making the pact with Winta?

message 2: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Do you think it was fair that Arthur was forcing Gwen to travel to Winta's when she was so heavily pregnant?

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Arthur is using a very different strategy. He is trying to form alliances as he knows he does not have enough men to hold the kingdom secure if they rise up against him. By forming alliances he has others who he can call upon if attacked from beyond. Also those he forms alliances rather than kill will help keep other rebels in check. This is a clever strategy but looks weak to some. Should he worry about Winta, is he playing a longer term game?

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments No it was not fair but as King and Queen he knows they have to make sacrifices. He knew he had to ride into Winta's territory with his wife to ensure they knew he wasn't coming invading.although he loves her it shows the different times and that she had to obey him. However he was soon regretting the decision he made!

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "Should he worry about Winta, is he playing a longer term game?..."

I don't think we know enough about Winta at the moment but definitely one to watch!

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "No it was not fair but as King and Queen he knows they have to make sacrifices. He knew he had to ride into Winta's territory with his wife to ensure they knew he wasn't coming invading.although he..."

Yes I think you're right, he had to show his was friending and not fighting. I felt sorry for Gwen!

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "Should he worry about Winta, is he playing a longer term game?..."

I don't think we know enough about Winta at the moment but definitely one to watch!"

At one point early on it said something along the line of Winta knowing a route to become King, I think. If this is true I just wondered if he was using Arthur and biding his time.

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "No it was not fair but as King and Queen he knows they have to make sacrifices. He knew he had to ride into Winta's territory with his wife to ensure they knew he wasn't coming invad..."

Definitely and lucky that she and the baby survived.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 407 comments Andrew wrote: "At one point early on it said something along the line of Winta knowing a route to become King, I think. If this is true I just wondered if he was using Arthur and biding his time. ..."

Ah I missed that. Good point! I think he needs to watch his back with everyone!

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (ajb65) | 73 comments Tracey wrote: "Andrew wrote: "At one point early on it said something along the line of Winta knowing a route to become King, I think. If this is true I just wondered if he was using Arthur and biding his time. ...."

A lot of enemies out there and not many that he can rely upon. Very dangerous times for him.