YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

City of Fae (London Fae, #1)
This topic is about City of Fae
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta - Starting May 13th 2015

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83330 comments Mod
From the moment Alina touches London's hottest fae superstar, breaking one of the laws founded to protect all of her kind, her fate – and the fae – close in.

Below ground, the fae High Queen plots to claim the city as her own and places her pawns, ready for the battle to come. A battle she cannot lose, but for one small problem – Alina. There are four ancient keepers powerful enough to keep the queen in her prison. Three are dead. One remains … And to fight back, Alina risks sacrificing everything she has come to love.

This New Adult urban fantasy is packed with action and suspense and will have you yearning for more forbidden fae romance.

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Starting now :)

This is kind of weird so far.

this is weird, and the formatting is weird too.

Sarah wrote: "this is weird, and the formatting is weird too."

Yep.

26% - Im bored.

I'm bored too. I just don't care what's going on at all.

11% (view spoiler)

12% (view spoiler)

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 98 comments Abbie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "this is weird, and the formatting is weird too."

Yep."

Oh no! I don't like weird formatting. Is it still easy to read?

Also, I'm in the middle of another book at the moment so I might not be able to start this until tomorrow. But I'll catch up. :)

message 11: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited May 14, 2015 01:59AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

It's not unreadable, but lines of text stop randomly, and start again on the next line for no obvious reason. And there are no paragraphs either.

44% (view spoiler)

Sarah wrote: "44% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

So glad thats over!

What a load of poop!

Holly  (skizzles22hju) | 98 comments Aw, I'm sorry you guys didn't like this one! I have to admit, I'm disappointed. But I still liked the story. I was pretty indifferent toward the characters, never became invested in them or the story that much. And the fae story-line didn't feel unique at all.

@Abbie: I so agree with what you said in your review, "it felt like it would never end." Even though I kept wanting to know how it would end, it seemed to take FOREVER to get there.