Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new) - added it

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 814 comments Mod
The votes are in and our Book of the Month for May is:

THE GRENDEL AFFAIR by Lisa Shearin
The Grendel Affair The Grendel Affair (SPI Files, #1) by Lisa Shearin

Please read and discuss below.

Amyiw | 146 comments I read the intro novella in Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5) by Nalini Singh and was impressed. Looks like I gave a short review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I really liked her Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares #1) by Lisa Shearin I will try to get to this in the next week.

Amyiw | 146 comments So no one has read or is reading this, this month? I forgot why it was in my currently reading and looked it up. Since I only have a few days, I started on it right away. I hope some others are late starters like me.

I'm finding it to be pretty good but feel like I need to go back and re-read Lucky Charms from Night Shift. I remember the storyline of the leprechauns and the prince but don't remember the people and their reactions to one another. She doesn't leave you lost in anyway, but I thought that she had proven herself and her job was more secure, also I thought there was the start of something between the two main characters. If I hadn't read it, I actually might feel better as I have this niggling of contradiction. About 1/3 into it.

Amyiw | 146 comments Finished and enjoyed quite a bit. I wish there was more relationship building but even without that the storyline keeps it going in a quick pace with a very interesting world.

Jean ~ Kindle Queen (jkat9) | 34 comments I read The Grendel Affair (SPI Files, #1) by Lisa Shearin back when it first came out, because I loved her Raine Benares series. Actually, I think I liked the novella in Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5) by Nalini Singh better - although that hadn't been released when I first checked out the SPI Files. If I remember correctly from her Raine Benares series, Ms. Shearin does better once the world has been established, so I suspect The Dragon Conspiracy (SPI Files, #2) by Lisa Shearin will be even better. Hopefully, we'll see more relationship building in the next one, Amyiw. *fingers crossed*

Amyiw | 146 comments I really liked the Raine Benares series. The first few were great but the last two felt so repetitive to me that I moved the series from my favorites. Still it was a really good series IMO.

I like this one pretty well too. I've only read the novella and this one but will go on to the 2nd as it came out earlier this year.

Paulette I also read this when it first came out and loved it. I am waiting impatiently for book 3 to come out later this year.