THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > Book review blogs

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thad (new)

Thad Brown If there's already a discussion topic for this subject, sorry for the duplication! (I couldn't find one.) I thought these blogs deserve a thread of their own, because they play an important role in today's publishing world.

I'm guessing, though, that virtually all blogs of this type would only review relatively recent books, so that if your book has been in print for awhile, this isn't a promotional venue that would be very useful for you. Am I correct about that?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am looking for a LGBT Blog Tour. I don't know where to go because some people don't want M/M BDSM elements or Erotica on their blogs. I'm at a loss here as to where do I hop on to one. Thanks,
Brina

message 3: by T.H. (new)

T.H. Hernandez (thhernandez) | 113 comments No, not at all, Thad. In addition to being an author, I also review books. While the overwhelming majority of requests I receive are for new books, I not only get requests, but also review, books that have been out for months or years. And I'm not alone. A prominent book blogger just reviewed this week a book from several years ago.

I think most bloggers enjoy reading books. Period. The publication date is irrelevant. However, most authors try to get reviews to coincide with a release, so the majority of requests for reviews will be fore new or upcoming books.

message 4: by T.H. (new)

T.H. Hernandez (thhernandez) | 113 comments Brina wrote: "I am looking for a LGBT Blog Tour. I don't know where to go because some people don't want M/M BDSM elements or Erotica on their blogs. I'm at a loss here as to where do I hop on to one. Thanks,
Brina"

Brina - checkout Diverse Blog Tours or Mark My Words. Both handle LGBT and MMW handles BDSM and erotica. They will have bloggers that will host you.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

T.H. wrote: "Brina wrote: "I am looking for a LGBT Blog Tour. I don't know where to go because some people don't want M/M BDSM elements or Erotica on their blogs. I'm at a loss here as to where do I hop on to o..."

Thank you for taking the time to give me this information.

message 6: by J. (last edited May 01, 2015 12:04PM) (new)

J. Johanis (jjohanis) | 11 comments Brina wrote: "I am looking for a LGBT Blog Tour. I don't know where to go because some people don't want M/M BDSM elements or Erotica on their blogs. I'm at a loss here as to where do I hop on to one. Thanks,
Brina"

Hi Brina. I don't know what their policy is on BDSM, but it wouldn't hurt to check with the following M/M blogs:

Sinfully Addicted to All Male Romance http://sinfullysexybooks.blogspot.com/
The Novel Apporach http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/
Love Bytes http://lovebytesreviews.com/
Prism Book Alliance http://www.prismbookalliance.com/

@T.H. Thanks for sharing the lead on Diverse Blog Tours. I'll have to check that out as well.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

J. wrote: "Brina wrote: "I am looking for a LGBT Blog Tour. I don't know where to go because some people don't want M/M BDSM elements or Erotica on their blogs. I'm at a loss here as to where do I hop on to o..."
Thank you so much.

message 8: by Thad (new)

Thad Brown Thanks, T.H. That's really helpful to know!

message 9: by J. (new)

J. Johanis (jjohanis) | 11 comments You're welcome Brina. I hope that helps.

message 10: by Mark (new)

Mark Fine | 3 comments Hi,

Not wishing to crassly promote, yet curious to find out if I'm an adequate reader for a possible Audio Book--I'd like to send out a 9 minute video or Soundcloud audio of myself reading a chapter of my novel...for feedback and guidance.

What would you suggest?

Kind regards (and thanks),

Mark Fine

message 11: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Kulish | 10 comments T.H.: my book On Becoming a Lemonade Maker has been out for a while, but I am looking for more reviews; is a self help book the type of book you read and review? My email is t_kulish@yahoo.com if you are willing to read and review this book, I can send you a PDF OF IT!

Thanks,
Tamara

message 12: by T.H. (new)

T.H. Hernandez (thhernandez) | 113 comments Tamara wrote: "T.H.: my book On Becoming a Lemonade Maker has been out for a while, but I am looking for more reviews; is a self help book the type of book you read and review? My email is t_kulish@yahoo.com if y..."

Tamara, no. I pretty much stick to fiction and a handful of books on writing.