Magick and Occult Books discussion

So behind/Promethea

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So behind on reading anything relevant to this group. I did re-read The Invisibles today, that counts right? right? That being said, I'm filled with the urge to re-read Promethea, anyone interested in doing a read through/discussion together?

message 2: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

Sylvia Beckett Davidson (sylviabdavidson) | 56 comments Mod
Same! I've been revising and writing so many essays at the moment as its finals here. School gets in the way of everything! XD I've not read Promethea! Adding it to my reading wish list (I'm assuming you mean the comic/graphic novel?)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I do indeed!
One of the finest comics I've ever read!

message 4: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

I've been told this so many times! I've been meaning to buy it for ages and the few times I went into local and city centre comic shops they had always run out XD damn!

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 42 comments I haven't read Promethea, but when I start getting into comics ( shame on me, never read a comic :/ ) I'll know where to start ha.

Excuse my tendency to lurk, but I've noticed you're currently reading The Exegesis of PKD. I got halfway into it a couple years ago but had to stop and get more familiar with PKDs works and especially Valis trilogy before I get back into it.

message 6: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

I'm not reading any of his works :/ was it my profile? I'm in the middle of a police case due to being stalked and the guy is creating a lot of fake profiles in my name :/

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris | 42 comments @ Sy: Oh for real? <---rhetorical question
Thats awful. I was referring to Alexander. I knew an "@Alexander" could have avoided this confusion haha. I lurked on your library too haha, excited to see you start the Dark Tower series.

message 8: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

I thought so XD but yeah. I'm hoping he eventually leaves me alone. It's been almost a decade :(

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris | 42 comments Whoa! Where do people find the time? That's so . . . Creepy. Well, you know what Crowley says about what to do with those who thwart your rights XP

message 10: by Sylvia Beckett (new)

I have a a few sigils planned.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

@Chris Yeah, it's hard work, I've been stalled on it for ages, but I've read pretty much the majority of PKD's work, and several books about him etc, if you want to ever discuss his works I'm more than happy to!

@Sy Sorry to hear about your troubles :(

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris | 42 comments I definitely will discuss pkd with you. I'm gonna have to start the book over cause its been way too long, but im reading flow my tears, ubik, the man in the high castle, and free radio albemuth. So if theres anything that stuck with you from those I'm down to discuss it--when I get to it hahaha. Almost there.