Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Pamela Crane
This topic is about Pamela Crane
I. Author Interviews! > Author-on-Author Interviews--Sign up here

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Crane (pamela_crane) | 7 comments If you're looking for a creative way to network to a new audience, consider cross-promoting with another author by doing an author-on-author interview. If this sounds like something you're interested in, feel free to post your interest here and find other authors to collaborate with!

Recently I did an author-on-author interview with Mark Fine, and here's what we did, spreading it to our individual networks, and thus exponentially increading our book exposure:

We're airing our dirty secrets in this author-on-author interview between Pamela Crane, author of the thriller "A Secondhand Life" and Mark Fine, author of the critically-acclaimed novel "The Zebra Affaire." Check it out here, and feel free to share it. And if you'd like to post a question for either of us that we didn't address in the interview, simply type in your comment and we'll reply--and there's no question we won't answer! :)

http://wp.me/p5FH5X-1P

I hope this helps authors find other authors to cross-promote with!

message 2: by Armand (new)

Armand Rosamilia (armandrosamilia) | 44 comments Very cool idea! I'd love to do something like this

Armand Rosamilia

message 3: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 58 comments Pamela wrote: "If you're looking for a creative way to network to a new audience, consider cross-promoting with another author by doing an author-on-author interview. If this sounds like something you're interest..." Maybe someone can start a pool and authors can be paired off randomly. That way the authors can get to know authors and other genres. It could end up being amusing too.

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Knight (riknight36) | 41 comments I'm game. I do dark fantasy and would love to do an author by author interview with somebody who does lighter stuff.

message 5: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Crane (pamela_crane) | 7 comments Any ideas on how to better organize this? I'm clearly not good at figuring out the best way to orchestrate the details. :) But I do know how much it's helped my sales, so it's certainly worth trying out.

message 6: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 58 comments Richard wrote: "I'm game. I do dark fantasy and would love to do an author by author interview with somebody who does lighter stuff."

Would you like to pair up with me? Keep it light and entertaining. Ask each other some stupid questions and when we've had enough we can send them to Pamela's site.

message 7: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn Meryl Author (jordynmeryl) | 2 comments I would love to do an interview. Contact me at meryljordyn@gmail.com.

message 8: by Doug (new)

Doug Oudin | 168 comments I'm interested. My genre is ocean oriented. My first book, a memoir, 'Between Two Harbors, Reflections of a Catalina Island Harbormaster' was published in late 2013' My new release, 'Five Weeks to Jamaica' just came out. It's a novel, an seafaring adventure.
I'd be happy and pleased to interview.

message 9: by Sarina (new)

Sarina Rose (goodreadscomsarinarose) | 22 comments Sarina Rose, that's me, will do a lighthearted author on author interview. contact me at sarinarose2010@outlook.com. Love to hear from you.

message 10: by Yassy (new)

Yassy F. | 5 comments I am interested. My name is Yassy F.

Contact me on jasminefordyce@gmail.com

Thanks.

message 11: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (authoranthonyavina) | 16 comments Hello there everyone. My name is Anthony Avina, and I am writing because I am interested in participating in an author interview with another other. I have a romance/drama novella coming out on October 1st, 2015, called VOID. It's about six friends who must overcome tragedies in their lives to get to a better place. It deals with a lot of themes, from sexuality and marriage to loss and love. I normally write horror novels, but I felt inspiration strike and wanted to branch out a bit, and thus VOID was born.

I have a website, blog and YouTube channel that I can feature interviews on. I also write for an online entertainment magazine known as On Request Magazine that I have featured other author interviews on before. If you are interested in an author interview please email me at authoranthonyavina@gmail.com and we can begin working something out. Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

message 12: by Noorilhuda (new)

Noorilhuda | 87 comments Great idea, Pamela and Mark, and the interview was good too (though I found it interesting how Mark ends up asking Pamela about work-life balance but the male author gets no such query!).

message 13: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Crane (pamela_crane) | 7 comments Noorilhuda wrote: "Great idea, Pamela and Mark, and the interview was good too (though I found it interesting how Mark ends up asking Pamela about work-life balance but the male author gets no such query!)."

Well, we each picked what questions we wanted to answer, so that ensured we answered pertinent questions. :)