Addicted to YA discussion

These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)
This topic is about These Broken Stars
Series > These Broken Stars

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5276 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

Erika (woundedwolf) I love this book so much! One of my favourites. Definitely reading the next one.

message 3: by Storm (new) - added it

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 667 comments I'm still only on the first chapter but I'm appreciating the world building thus far. And opening from the male's view.

Shianne Young | 28 comments I loved it! A favorite for sure, can't wait to pick the next one up!

Nine I'm still at the begining but I love it so far

Sabrina (forebodinq) | 150 comments It was a bit too slow for my liking, but I did end up appreciating the characters and the romance. I might pick up the next book, but I'm not sure yet.

Esha (potatothug) | 3 comments A definite favourite! It was frikkin frakkin amazing and our future seems really cool :D Hyperspace travel! Intelligent life! Yes please

Esha (potatothug) | 3 comments Favourite character: Tarver is cool but Lilac is SO BRAVE! and smart too! She's a great heroine and I admired her courage and presence of mind alot
Favorite part: When Tarver and Lilac fall through the rift. I was very scared then
YES YES I'M GONNA READ THE NEXT BOOK PLEASE :D

message 9: by Erika (last edited May 04, 2015 04:43AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (woundedwolf) Esha wrote: "A definite favourite! It was frikkin frakkin amazing and our future seems really cool :D Hyperspace travel! Intelligent life! Yes please"
My thoughts exactly! Intergalactic Titanic! So cool! But really, though.

message 10: by Tash (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tash i loved it and could read it again easily!

Maria (mariahkeepscool) | 71 comments I thought this book was great especially since I enjoyed the character development. There was the point in the plot were it seemed like everything reversed right when things were going good, but I can't wait to go buy the next book.

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments I remember really enjoying this one when I read it. I loved the voices of the characters and they way they interacted with each other. I also enjoyed how it was just the two of them together. It gives the reader a chance to see them grow together and makes their romance seem reasonable. Loved this story and I really need to read the others in this series.

Valeria | 4 comments I read this a while ago but i really enjoyed it. I think Tarver is my favourite character, i didn't like Lilac in the beginning but she gets better till the end.

Robyn (robynr) I really enjoyed this one, the romance and sense of epic scale the authors created was tragically beautiful. I was also surprised by the underlying creepiness as Lilac thinks she is losing her mind. Really looking forward to book 2!

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited May 11, 2015 08:44AM) (new)

I am still at the beginning (8th chapter, I believe), but I LOVE the writing style. It's really interesting to see and feel both Tarver's and Lilac's point of view.

Areesha (arish) One of the books to top my 'most-favourite-reads' list. These Broken Stars was intriguing enough for me to finish reading it overnight. The companion novel was great, too; if not as awesome as the first one, but i would surely recommend it.

Lauren AKA randomreader (randomfreckles1831) I really loved These Broken Stars. I read it in January and it is so good! I love Lilac and Tarver's relationship! SO CUTE!

message 18: by Nine (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nine I must say I really liked it but I didn't loooooved it... Lilac and Tarver's relationship was so cute but at time I found the book was dragging a bit? But then the ending felt wrapped up. I don't know I'm weird lol

message 19: by C.D. (new) - added it

C.D. (skymama) | 3 comments I started it. Didn't get very far because my Kindle is having issues. You all are making me eager to get back to it.

Daphne | 56 comments I thought it was okay but kind of boring at times.

Jennifer (jenrm79) | 2 comments I liked this book. It did drag a bit in places and confuse me in others. Overall I enjoyed the story though and was mostly happy with the ending.

Chase | 14 comments I am only about a third of the way through this book (I'm listening to it while doing the dishes) and I am looking forward to reading the next one. I really appreciate getting the opportunity to read books I wouldn't normally know about due to the small libraries where I live. Thanks for a great group!

Cynthia (fullycyn) | 262 comments This book didn’t actually have a fresh plot but it had a real interesting way of telling. Mystery and suspenseful were the keywords for These Broken Stars. I must admit that when it came to the thrilling part, it was really intense and the authors did an awesome job building the suspenseful feeling. Even though I expected more mind-blowing place setting than just forest, plain, and mountain, the story and the characters successfully stole my heart. My biggest complaint was the ending. It was abrupt and left too much unanswered questions in my mind.
But still I'm looking forward to the next book of the series!

Shelleen Toland It was so hard to put down. Had me right from the beginning and loved Tarver and Lilac. I can't wait to read the rest in this series.