Addicted to YA discussion

Red Rising (Red Rising Saga, #1)
This topic is about Red Rising
Series > Red Rising

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - added it

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5299 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

message 2: by Kaye (new) - rated it 1 star

Kaye | 85 comments I'm at 46% with this and I don't think I'm gonna go any further. idky. . .

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika (woundedwolf) Karona wrote: "I'm at 46% with this and I don't think I'm gonna go any further. idky. . ."
Is it not good?

message 4: by Raissa (new)

Raissa (raissasidat) | 6 comments It's actually really good. At first the writing bothered me. I obviously wasn't used to a book with grammar mistakes and no punctuation but eventually it grew on me. Jack is my favorite! He sounds so hot and amazing! Saba was a bit irritating in the first book but eventually she became bearable.

message 5: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J Loved it! It's like The Hunger Games on speed. And the people of The Capitol are the participants rather than the spectators.

Didn't care for the second book at all, though.

message 6: by Zac (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zac Although it was really easy to see the similarities to the hunger games, I really enjoyed it. I quite liked Darrow, he seemed quite authentic to me. I found the book to be very well written with some great descriptions

Kristie (krussum) | 13 comments It was brutal, and I appreciated the themes, but it was too dense for me. It was well-written, but not really my cup of tea. I also really had a hard time liking any of the characters (except maybe Pax). Most likely not going to finish this series.

message 8: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J ^I loved Pax! Favorite character for me for sure.

Rachelle Licon | 11 comments I actually really enjoyed the book, which is kind of surprising, because I don't usually like books that don't really draw me into the characters. I'm not sure if it's the writing style, or character development but I'm not all that attached to them. Besides maybe Sevro, who has to be my favorite. Despite that, I find the story and strategy thoroughly engaging.

Sarah Nichole | 60 comments I'm about 75% done with this book and I really liked the beginning of the story and the whole idea behind it. (view spoiler) I'm not done yet so there's still time!

Janna (mzhyde) | 469 comments I really enjoyed this book. The setting is very unique, I liked it from the beginning. Even though some parts were cruel, I still enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to fans of Divergent and The Hunger Games.
I feel that the pace of the second part was a bit too slow. But all in all this was a very satisfying read.