Paper Back Swap discussion

General > Whatcha reading -- April?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel What are you reading this month?

I'm still trying to finish Dune to Death: A Bed & Breakfast mystery.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Babylon Rising:The Edge of Darkness by Tim LaHaye And Bob Phillips

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 39 comments I just started What's a Ghoul to do, by victoria Laurie

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) | 48 comments Mod
Well, my "planned" list got shot all to hell. :) I've finished: Dark Love and Twlight. Just finished Undead & Unappreciated.

Dunno what's next at this point. Some of my reading got moved around do to some book requests and some books I noticed were on WLs.

message 5: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennienj) | 7 comments I just finished Victoria's Daughters, so I'm trying to thin down my pile of magazines first and then I think I'm going to start Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarasharpe) | 1 comments I'm reading "Industrial Magic" by Kelley Armstrong. I'm about halfway through and it is a great story! I was up til 2 am reading. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading You've Been Warned by James Patterson & James Roughan

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) gosh...let's see.

I just finished Shore to Die by Valerie Wolzien and am now reading Murder @ Maggody.com by Joan Hess. After that I have The Appeal by Grisham, Hula Done it and G'day to Die by Maddy Hunter.

after that? well who knows!

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel I've been trapped for a week with the Pinscher Posse :) I read Dead Man Running by Rett MacPherson, Dune to Death by Mary Daheim. I am almost done with Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini and I'm part way through Law of Similiars by Chris Bohjalian (it was a little too serious for my puppy weary brain).

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (findingjackie) | 48 comments Mod
Mel, I saw those photos on the PBS forums. Those dogs were adorable!

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2008 09:43AM) (new)

I'm reading 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper wit Cecil Murphy

message 12: by Sari Lynn (new)

Sari Lynn | 2 comments I'm reading Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal. Vegetable, Miracle" (about halfway through it now) and "Breakup Babe" by Rebecca Agiewich.

I went to a quilt show in Oakland yesterday, and Jennifer Chiaverini was a featured quilter - they had the quilts based on her books on display - really impressive work!

message 13: by Mel (new)

Mel Thanks Jackie! Gotta love those pups :)

message 14: by Jasper (new)

Jasper (meltymoon) | 2 comments I am nearly finished with Off The Map at the moment, its pretty good i like it so far.
next im thinking about finally finishing Raising Cain which is just mind blowing to me. it's a sad truth inside this book but i think it has helped me understand the Males a little better.
after that im onto Kiss Me, Judas. I already started it but it's about time i finish it XD

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel I just finished Law of Similiars about 5 minutes ago. The last half was excellent. Definitely worth reading. It reminded me a bit of Midwives.

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Trevino (firebreathingducky) | 3 comments I just finished reading "Killers" on Sunday. I wrote a review on it and all of you are welcome to look at that.

I'm reading the book "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad for English. So far, I really like it. He's pretty lengthy in descriptions, but it's pretty good.

message 17: by Christopher (last edited Apr 16, 2008 01:39PM) (new)

Christopher (cmkeel) | 3 comments Right now, I am about half way through Western Society and the Church in the Middle Ages by R.W. Southern. Next on the list is The Myth of the Judeo-Christian Tradition by Arthur A. Cohen and then The Pathfinder by James F. Cooper. Speaking of Cooper, has anyone read The Prarie? If so, what do you think of it. I have the opportunity to pick it up at a very reasonable price and thought I'd give it a try. The Pathfinder will be my first Cooper book. I have heard so many good things about Cooper and I am actually really looking forward to reading one of his books.

Things are always changing on my reading list, but once I get through all those, I have a whole stack of books that I just recently picked up at a public library sale. I got 18 books in perfect conditions, some did not even look as if they had ever been checked out. My children also got 18 books and all of them combined was only 12 bucks. One of those acqusitions that I am really looking forward to reading is The Christian Agnostic by Leslie D. Weatherhead. The title itself is very intriguing to me.

So, that is my list for April and beyond.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz

message 19: by Holly P (new)

Holly P (hlp0221) I have been a reading fool this month. I had surgery so I had some time off of work. I have finished so far The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell, The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell, The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander and I'm now reading Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Sacred Stone by Clive Cussler and Craig Dirgo.

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 39 comments I started Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs -- I have been waiting for this one for awhile. I am excited to read it.

message 22: by Rachel (last edited Apr 21, 2008 04:55PM) (new)

Rachel | 39 comments Barbara wrote - I'm reading "Industrial Magic" by Kelley Armstrong. I'm about halfway through and it is a great story! I was up til 2 am reading. :)

Barbara -- I have read the first two in that series -- I can't wait to get the next one.

message 23: by Jennie (new)

Jennie (jennienj) | 7 comments I'm reading When Madeline Was Young by Jane Hamilton. I haven't made up my mind if I like it or not yet. After that, I'm reading The Chase by Clive Cussler.

message 24: by Mel (new)

Mel I just finished Dragons of the Dwarven Depths by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. It's an almost new Dragonlance series (well, new to me) I really enjoyed it. Someone told me it was terrible, so maybe that helped. I thought it was alot of fun and was true to the original series.

message 25: by Mel (new)

Mel I am now reading Up the Amazon without a Paddle by Doug Lansky. I wanted to read something different. It's pretty funny.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Tragedies of American History by Ace Collins.

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) Jennifer Chiaverini was a featured quilter - they had the quilts based on her books on display

I have enjoyed her books and I think there is a new one out now

Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews (hugbandit7) I just finished G'Day to Die by Maddy Hunter and just got an email that MHC's newest book is on hold for me. so will need to go pick that up!

the next book I'm going to read (and read about 1 chapter last night) is The Story of Forgetting. now sure how I'm going to feel about this book!

message 29: by Mel (new)

Mel I'm reading Veil of Roses. It started out a little dopey, but I'm really enjoying it. An Iranian woman is sent to the US by her parents in hopes of getting married so she can be a citizen. It's part romance, but it's more about her adaptation to American life, culture shock, and so forth. It's an insightful story.