Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (general & ongoing) > 2015 May/June/July- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11052 comments It's hard to believe that it is May already!

Please stop by and share what you are reading this month....hopefully some goodies!

message 2: by NayNay (new)

NayNay This month I hope to read....

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah by Kristin Hannah

The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell by Lisa Jewell

A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1) by Toni Anderson by Toni Anderson

As Close As Sisters by Colleen Faulkner by Colleen Faulkner

Nancy The Story of Lady Astor by Adrian Fort by Adrian Fort

message 3: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Listening to Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3) by Monica McCarty and I am reading The Raider (Highland Guard, #8) by Monica McCarty --both by Monica McCarty

message 4: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments I just finished The Mad Tatter by J.M. Darhower and really enjoyed it! My first J.M. Darhowerbook and won't be my last!

message 5: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Larissa wrote: "I just finished The Mad Tatter by J.M. Darhower and really enjoyed it! My first J.M. Darhowerbook and won't be my last!"

I love her Sempre series!

message 6: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Larissa wrote: "I just finished The Mad Tatter by J.M. Darhower and really enjoyed it! My first J.M. Darhowerbook and won't be my last!"

I love her Sempre series!"

Added to my TBR! lol

message 7: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20348 comments Trying to fill in with some shorties before the next theme is called - it is about killing me to not start an audio though!!

Currently reading ...Feels So Good When You Stop - set in Mexico for the quarterly. Might move on to Heart of the Storm for the M&G.

Yes, I plan my reading around challenges - that is the best part of doing them!!

message 8: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) i have way more books to read this month than i normally do but i am trying to start some of the books that i have on my kindle before i start my May books.
Right now i am reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio for one of my eBooks and i am also reading Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand and Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3) by Morgan Rhodes .

message 9: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Finished Viper Game (GhostWalkers, #11) by Christine Feehan Gives Light (Gives Light, #1) by Rose Christo Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3) by Monica McCarty

Reading The Exile (The Fae, #1) by C.T. Adams The Raider (Highland Guard, #8) by Monica McCarty

message 10: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11052 comments I'm currently reading A Dad for Billie by Susan Mallery for the PtP Challenge.

message 11: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments Finished Property Of by C.P. Smith and thoroughly enjoyed it! Reminded me KA's Rock Chick series with a few more tears shed by me.

message 12: by Katherine (last edited May 08, 2017 08:07AM) (new)

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I'm halfway through Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and it's pretty good so far!

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20348 comments I'm currently listening to Still the One and enjoying it. About to start An Old-Fashioned Love Song too.

message 15: by Anita Reads (new)

Anita Reads | 170 comments I finished:
Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum Dark Side of the Mirror by Elaine Meece The Look of Love (The Sullivans, #1) by Bella Andre

So happy I finally read Die for Me. I really ended up enjoying it, but I had kept postponing it for months, because I was slightly scared by the Zombie tag. So far that's a genre way out of my comfort zone, but this wasn't that zombie-ish

I also just discovered Bella Andre - The Look of Love was picked for me at the M&G and it was a great start of the series.

Dark side of the mirror was pretty disappointing. I liked it in the beginning but the hero really annoyed me so I ended up giving it 3 stars.

Next up:
The Liar by Nora Roberts Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook

message 16: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments FINISHED Hard as It Gets (Hard Ink, #1) by Laura Kaye ★★★½; Castle Hill (On Dublin Street, #2.5) by Samantha Young ★★★; Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken ★★★

NOW READING: The Raider (Highland Guard, #8) by Monica McCarty and Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 17: by Inge (new)

Inge | 32 comments Im listening to The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah and am really enjoying it. I just finished reading Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and The Mistake by Elle Kennedy. All great reads! May is looking good so far.

message 18: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) Inge wrote: "Im listening to The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah and am really enjoying it. I just finished reading Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and The Mistake by Elle Kennedy. All great reads! May is lookin..."

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying The Nightingale... I have the audiobook as well... and hope to start it soon.

message 19: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern (Cat Who..., #2) by Lilian Jackson Braun Games Creatures Play by Charlaine Harris Of Monsters and Madness (Of Monsters and Madness, #1) by Jessica Verday The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon Baby (Species Intervention #6609, #1) by J.K. Accinni Echo (Species Intervention #6609, #2) by J.K. Accinni Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker Asylum (Asylum, #1) by Madeleine Roux The Scarlets (Asylum #1.5) by Madeleine Roux The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters

Currently Reading Bees in the Butterfly Garden (The Gilded Legacy, #1) by Maureen Lang Armageddon Cometh (Species Intervention #6609, #3) by J.K. Accinni Sanctum (Asylum, #2) by Madeleine Roux

message 20: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments I just finished The Will (Magdalene, #1) by Kristen Ashley and I loved it!

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments started Jason (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #23) by Laurell K. Hamilton last night. so far so good. almost done with The Club. it's a fun easy read. reminds me of Sweet Filthy Boy with how the main characters gravitate towards each other.

message 22: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11052 comments I finished LUKE Unzipped Parts 1, 2, & 3 by Cassia Leo for the Yahtzee Challenge...it was just ok.

Now reading Obsession (The Plus One Chronicles, #3) by Jennifer Lyon for the PtP Challenge.

message 23: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Mathiesen (raymondmathiesen) | 3 comments Book Review of Backward Compatible: A Geek Love Story by Sara Daltry and Pete Clark
Reviewed by Raymond Mathiesen
4 out of 5 stars

Is there someone for everyone? Even me?

Time is passing and the Y Generation have now become young adults. During this social period computers and the Internet have become household items, at least in the Upper and Middle classes. Online gaming has now become a subculture complete with language, social activities and dress. The word 'geek' has become more a description of an alternate subculture than a derogatory term. Daltry and Clarke take us on a wacky trip into the world of computer geeks, as they follow the hectic lives of Katie Garretty and George Lindell. Will this young woman and man come together in a sweet romance, or will they be doomed to remain single forever? Does being a computer geek mean you can never have self-respect, or can these young people grow in self-confidence? Will the pair ever battle their way to the end of Fatal Destiny, the game which dominates their young lives? Backward Compatible is a romantic comedy that will entertain those who enjoy reading New Adult or Young Adult fiction.

http://goo.gl/tTgTVO Backward Compatible (Kindle ed.)

For the full review please click:
http://raymondmathiesenbookreviews.bl...

message 24: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments Erin wrote: "I'm halfway through Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and it's pretty good so far!"

I loved that book! One of my favorites so far this year. The audiobook was fantastic.

message 25: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 792 comments I'm listening to Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad, #1) by David Eddings . I'm a little bored by it.

I'm also reading Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1) by S.E. Jakes . Which is pretty good so far.

message 26: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Iturrino | 36 comments A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2) by Sherryl Woods I hope to finish this one today so that I can continue on with her series. I have 2 full shelves of Sherryl Woods books and once I start, I find it difficult to put them down.

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky | 158 comments Finished: Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6) by Jill Shalvis And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2) by Elle Kennedy

Currently reading: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen In Need of a Duke (The Heart of a Duke, #0.5) by Christi Caldwell

message 29: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I'm starting The Proposal The Proposal by Mary Balogh

My next audiobook is Seabiscuit: An American Legend Seabiscuit An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand

message 30: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20348 comments I am almost done with Branded by Fire in audio and think I will go right into Blaze of Memory when I finish. Up next to read is either Rocky Mountain Freedom or This is Who I Am - I will read both in May no matter which is up next!

message 31: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments I finished Want Me (Dark Obsession, #2) by Cynthia Eden Need Me (Dark Obsession, #3) by Cynthia Eden both of which I enjoyed. Quick reads!
Midnight Rescue (Killer Instincts, #1) by Elle Kennedy I love the h in this book! She was totally kick a$$! Total Surrender (Sin Brothers, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti I love Jory!! Wondering if RZ will continue with stories about the other brothers.

message 32: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3562 comments Finished Sanctum (Asylum, #2) by Madeleine Roux Armageddon Cometh (Species Intervention #6609, #3) by J.K. Accinni The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson Texas Gothic (Goodnight Family #1) by Rosemary Clement-Moore The Janus Stone (Ruth Galloway #2) by Elly Griffiths The Fall by Bethany Griffin Dinner with a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, #1) by Abigail Gibbs Instinct (Chronicles of Nick, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Collector by Nora Roberts Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6) by Darynda Jones

Currently Reading Bees in the Butterfly Garden (The Gilded Legacy, #1) by Maureen Lang Skybreaker (Matt Cruse, #2) by Kenneth Oppel

message 33: by ❆ Crystal ❆ (new)

❆ Crystal ❆ (crystal_wright) I've starting Confess Confess by Colleen Hoover and am listening to Seabiscuit: An American Legend Seabiscuit An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand

message 34: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Larissa wrote: "I love Jory!! Wondering if RZ will continue with stories about the other brothers..."

Loved Total surrender as well.
Rebecca Zanetti will work on a spin off

message 35: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments listening to Wait for Me (Against All Odds, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton

message 36: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Dungan | 144 comments I am currently reading The Selection and Marrow is next. The best book I have read this month has been The Law of Moses!!!

message 37: by Ezinwanyi (last edited May 14, 2015 11:25AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments I finished End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee and it was good!!! Now, I'm reading Life, Some Assembly Required (The Rebuilding Year, #2) by Kaje Harper

message 38: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Larissa wrote: "I love Jory!! Wondering if RZ will continue with stories about the other brothers..."

Loved Total surrender as well.
Rebecca Zanetti will work on a spin off"

Yay! can't wait!

message 39: by Larissa (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments Just finished Loving Lo (Devil's Knights, #1) by Winter Travers and liked it. A light MC romance with none of the gritty scenes that can usually come with this type of story.

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19871 comments I'm reading Burial Rites by Hannah Kent in audio (NOT romance) and Stitch (Gothika #1) by Eli Easton in ebook. Enjoying both, but might need a 'happy' story after Burial Rites!

message 41: by Marybeth (last edited May 16, 2015 08:07PM) (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) i have done a lot of catching up this weekend even tough i still have a ton of books that i need to read. the list never seems to end. So far i have finished Wonder by R.J. Palacio , Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins , Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren , Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand , Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3) by Morgan Rhodes and The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu . I am now going to read Confess by Colleen Hoover and Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers tomorrow. I also hope to start Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer tomorrow as well.

message 42: by Cassie (new)

•♥•Cristina•♥• I need some suggestions! I just finished A Highlander's Homecoming (Daughters of the Glen, #6) by Melissa Mayhue and about to start Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7) by Melissa Mayhue . I love this series! Does anyone have recommendations of series similar to this?? Or others you think I would like?

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished The Club. it was good. had a Sweet Filthy Boy flare to it. started The Foster Family by Jaime Samms , One Sweet Ride (Play by Play, #6) by Jaci Burton and Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer . listening to a bit of each on and off.

message 45: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20348 comments I hope to finish listening to Demon from the Dark today or tomorrow at the latest. I think I will go with The Duchess War in audio after that.

Not finding much time to read because I am trying to finish a project and listening is better for that, but I am currently reading Rocky Mountain Freedom. Still need to get to This is Who I Am before the end of the month too.

message 46: by Lura (new)

Lura (luraj2612) | 44 comments Finished: Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School, #3) by Gail Carriger The World According to Mister Rogers Important Things to Remember by Fred Rogers Genghis Birth of an Empire (Conqueror, #1) by Conn Iggulden

Reading: Genghis Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2) by Conn Iggulden

message 47: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments Listening to Blackout (Annum Guard, #2) by Meredith McCardle

message 48: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I'm finishing up The Hunter (Highland Guard, #7) by Monica McCarty and You (You #1) by Caroline Kepnes !

message 49: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20348 comments Almost done with Rocky Mountain Freedom. When I am I will read This is Who I Am. Haven't made much progress in The Duchess War, but I will once the week gets moving.

message 50: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Dungan | 144 comments Currently Reading: The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1) by Sarina Bowen

Next: Drop Dead, Gorgeous! (Gorgeous, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.