Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > May 2015 Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm listening to Rachel Gibson's See Jane Score narrated by Kathleen Early and completely enjoying it. What romance are you listening to?

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda (blondieblack) | 88 comments I'm listening to The Lady Meets Her Match by Gina Conkle... it's REALLY good...AND the narrator is exceptional too!

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4085 comments Mod
I'm listening to Hooked by Tiffinie Helmer.
Hooked (Romance on the Edge, #2) by Tiffinie Helmer

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments digging into the audible TBL pile with Untamed

message 5: by Tracy T. (last edited May 01, 2015 02:35PM) (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Still listening to Lady X by Claudy Conn . The story is an interesting time travel from present day to 1815 of a white immortal witch. The narration by Mary Sarah Agloitta is barely tolerable though. Sigh...

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Starting The Once and Future Duchess (Royal Entourage, #4) by Sophia Nash this evening.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 170 comments Just finished Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6) by Jill Shalvis . Shalvis/White is always a good combination.

Now starting Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas I really like Kleypas' historicals, especially in audio format, but this is my first contemporary from her. It's taking a while to get used to Jeannie Stith's narration, specifically the speed since it's so much faster than White's, but hopefully my ears will adapt soon.

message 8: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments Finished Viper Game (GhostWalkers, #11) by Christine Feehan Gives Light (Gives Light, #1) by Rose Christo Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3) by Monica McCarty

Reading The Exile (The Fae, #1) by C.T. Adams The Raider (Highland Guard, #8) by Monica McCarty

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments Listening to Heart of Obsidian (Psy-Changeling, #12) by Nalini Singh . Another great book in the series.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments listening to Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter Awaken Me Darkly at work - needed a sci-fi audio for a challenge and it fits like 2 other ones

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) I liked that one, Dee. Hope you enjoy it.

message 13: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Finished Win by Submission (Against the Cage, #1) by Melynda Price
Listening to Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley

message 14: by Julles (new)

Julles (jullesburn) | 9 comments got bored with Outlanderand will start something else soon....

message 15: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Taria wrote: "Finished Win by Submission (Against the Cage, #1) by Melynda Price
Listening to Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley"

What did you think of Win by Submission?

message 16: by Becky (last edited May 04, 2015 05:15PM) (new)

Becky | 170 comments I finished Lisa Kleypas' "Sugar Daddy" Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas and enjoyed it. I'd have a hard time classifying it as Romance. It was definitely more a coming-of-age story, but I was in the mood for something different and it fit the bill. The narrator was okay. There were several times when I felt she talked too fast, usually when there were long passages without dialogue, but I thought she did a good job with the voices of the female lead and supporting characters...not so much the male leads.

I then moved on to the novella "Hero's Homecoming" Hero's Homecoming by Rebecca Crowley written by Rebecca Crowly and narrated by Teresa Willis. As with many novella's, the story could have benefited from being longer, but it was a heartfelt story with a narrator who had a pleasant/soothing voice.

I'm now reading "And One Last Thing" And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper by Molly Harper, narrated by Amanda Ronconi. I'm really enjoying it so far. I've read a lot of good things about her werewolf and vampire books, but, as those are not my usual forte, I decided to try something more in my wheelhouse first.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

I've always felt Sugar Daddy was more contemporary fiction with romantic elements.

message 18: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Listening to "Not Always a Saint" Not Always a Saint (The Lost Lords, #7) by Mary Jo Putney by Mary Jo Putney. Strangely the audio was released last week but the book is showing on Amazon as being released in August. Not very far in, but liking the narration.

message 19: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1959 comments Mod
Jonetta wrote: "I've always felt Sugar Daddy was more contemporary fiction with romantic elements."

Ditto.

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i think i called it women's lit - i was disappointed at first, but i was expecting more normal romance, but yeah...

message 21: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Jonetta wrote: "I've always felt Sugar Daddy was more contemporary fiction with romantic elements."

Agree. I think I have it as romance in my shelves because the rest of the series is romance.

message 22: by Patty (new)

Patty | 15 comments Just finished Katy Regnery's The Vixen and the Vet: A Modern Fairytale(highly recommend, if you like Beauty and the Beast, this one is for you)

Now listening to Falling for Max

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments Taria wrote: "Finished Win by Submission (Against the Cage, #1) by Melynda Price

How is the narrator for Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley ?

message 24: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Listening to No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1) by J.S. Scott at 24% and a little bored. The narration by Elizabeth Powers is decent. It is a free KU read and 1.99 audible whispersync.

message 25: by Taria (last edited May 06, 2015 06:24PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Taria wrote: "Finished Win by Submission (Against the Cage, #1) by Melynda Price

What did you think of Win by Submission?"

It was ok. I had my annoyed moments with the leading lady but overall i enjoyed the story.

here's my review - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 26: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Tiff's*Addictiontobooks wrote: "Taria wrote: "Finished Win by Submission (Against the Cage, #1) by Melynda Price

How is the narrator for Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley?"

I actually liked the narrator. Savannah Richards did a great job. She made sure to change her voice enough between characters that I wasn't lost at all. and her voice FIT the character of Anya. Her Knight voice was pretty good too.

message 27: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments finished Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley

Listening to Extreme Love (Love to the Extreme, #1) by Abby Niles

any suggestions on american historical romances? cowboys, indians, etc...

message 28: by Jonetta (last edited May 06, 2015 06:39PM) (new)

I finished listening to Hooked by Tiffinie Helmer, Romance on the Edge #2, narrated by Mia Chiaromonte. Enjoyed her performance more this time as she seemed to handle the suspense aspect better. Good story enhanced by the Alaska setting. Here's my review.

I'm now listening to Sweet Release by Pamela Clare.
Hooked (Romance on the Edge, #2) by Tiffinie Helmer Sweet Release (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #1) by Pamela Clare

message 29: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Jonetta wrote: "I finished listening to Hooked by Tiffinie Helmer, Romance on the Edge #2, narrated by Mia Chiaromonte. Enjoyed her performance more this time as she seemed to hand..."

Sweet Release is about 2 down on my TBR pile. I probably won't get much listening done while at RT next week but I should be starting it when I get back.

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

I've heard such good things about the book.

message 31: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments Just finished Infinity + One by Amy Harmon and started The Homecoming (Thunder Point, #6) by Robyn Carr

message 32: by Becky (last edited May 09, 2015 08:42AM) (new)

Becky | 170 comments Finished "And One Last Thing" And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper I enjoyed the story and the humor and will definitely read more from her.

I'm now listening to "A Stone in the Sea" A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1) by A.L. Jackson . Good book, great narration, and I know it's a characteristic of the NA genre, but boy these characters over-think things!

Taria wrote: "any suggestions on american historical romances? cowboys, indians, etc..."

I highly recommend Pamela Clare's MacKinnon Rangers series Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2) by Pamela Clare Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3) by Pamela Clare . Defiant is my favorite of the three, but they're all excellent, including the narration by Kaleo Griffith.

message 33: by Jonetta (last edited May 10, 2015 11:33AM) (new)

I loved the first book in MacKinnon's Rangers and am looking forward to getting back to it.

One note about the Kindle and audiobook editions of the next book in the Kenleigh/Blackwell series, Carnal Gift...Clare said that when she originally issued this book, they cut out 100 pages because it wouldn't fit the pre-cut bindings. The Kindle and audiobook versions contain the original manuscript.

message 34: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited May 09, 2015 09:23AM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Becky wrote: "Finished "And One Last Thing" And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper I enjoyed the story and the humor and will definitely read more from her.

I'm now listening to "A Stone in the Sea" [bookc..."

Becky - I completely agree with all that you just said! Well, Surrender is probably my fave of the MacKinnon Ranger's series but I completely enjoyed all three.

message 35: by Boba (new)

Boba (luxuriah) | 2 comments Ohh im a newbie in audible but got soooooo addicted

I started the blackdagger brotherhood

I finished 3 books plus the father mine novella

now im on book 4 and will see where im gonna reach till the end of the month

message 36: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments Becky wrote: "Finished "And One Last Thing" And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper I enjoyed the story and the humor and will definitely read more from her.

I'm now listening to "A Stone in the Sea" [bookc..."

Becky - I haven't listened to that A.L. Jackson - but read previous books by her - even in her adult ones, they really overthink things

message 37: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 563 comments Listening to Thomas's Choice (Scanguards Vampires, #8) by Tina Folsom

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments Taria wrote: "How is the narrator for Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley (Unfinished Hero, #1) by Kristen Ashley?"

I actually liked the narrator. Savannah Richards did a great job. She made sure to change her voice enough between characters that I wasn't lost at all. and her voice FIT the character of Anya. Her Knight voice was pretty good too. ."

I am so excited to hear that Savannah Richards is the narrator. After my disappointment with Kate Russell doing Motorcycle Man I was worried. Tack's voice just was not a good fit for me and I had a hard time listening to it.

Going to start it tomorrow!

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments Taria wrote: "any suggestions on american historical romances? cowboys, indians, etc..."

How about Julie Garwood's Claybornes' Brides series For the Roses?

message 40: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Finished listening to A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars, #1) by A.L. Jackson great narration by Sabastian York and Andi Arndt! 9.5 hours long and it's a cliffhanger! Ugh!

message 41: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1959 comments Mod
Listening to Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1) by Kresley Cole

message 42: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments In the mood for some guaranteed 'love it' comfort listens, so just finished SEP's Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips .

message 43: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. (tracy_t) Listening to Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, #1) by Brenda K. Davies . Narrated by Tavia Gilbert! Love Tavia's narrations. The story is good so far on chapter 5 and they haven't mentioned Vampires yet. It is set in college and there are many frat parties going on. But I am enjoying it.

Tiff's*Addictiontobooks (tiffsaddictiontobooks) | 22 comments Suzanne wrote: "In the mood for some guaranteed 'love it' comfort listens, so just finished SEP's Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips."

These are both my favorite books by SEP. Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips is my all time favorite. I'm not real big on rereads but I have listened to this book at least 10 times.

message 45: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Tiff's*Addictiontobooks wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "In the mood for some guaranteed 'love it' comfort listens, so just finished SEP's Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips."

These are bot..."

Agree! My favorites too. Plus, the narration by Anna Fields is fab.

message 46: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm listening to Kristen Ashley's Knight narrated by Savannah Richards.

message 47: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I'm listening to Kristen Ashley's Knight narrated by Savannah Richards."

I enjoyed this one Lea. Had read it a while ago, but always a different experience when listening to a good narrator.

message 48: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (zannerina) | 274 comments Started The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4) by Loretta Chase , and it lives up to all the plaudits!

message 49: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm listening to Amy Harmon's Making Faces narrated by Rob Shapiro. I am an official Amy Harmon fan now - in a big way. And Shapiro seems to be delivering this one perfectly. It's my first time to listen to one of this narrations.

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i was a blubbering mess by the end of Making Faces

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.