2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives > April 2015 Roundup

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10629 comments Mod
1. Did you complete any series this month?
2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue?
3. Did you move forward in any series? How many?
4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love it/them?

message 2: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments 1. I completed two series Icons and Legend. YAY!
2. Yes. PARASITOLOGY, CALL OF CROWS, EXISTENCE TRILOGY, THE DARKEST MINDS and THE CANVANAUGH BROTHERS
I definitely plan on continuing them.
3. Yes. I moved forward in 6 series.
4. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak I enjoyed reading how the MC not only changed his own life, but had a positive impact on others. One person can make a difference.

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks I loved Ira and Ruth...their love story was incrdible! Nicolas Sparks is an amazing story teller with the ability to get the reader emotionally invested in the characters.

Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #1) by Laura Wright Suspenseful, very hot love scenes, emotional roller coaster and Hot cowboys
What is not to love about that!

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Congratulations, Leigh, on a great month! I've got Branded on my shelf to read so I'm glad you enjoyed it.

message 4: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments Thanks Jonetta! I hope you like it.

message 5: by D.G. (last edited May 01, 2015 09:12AM) (new)

D.G. 1. Did you complete any series this month? None

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Her Husband's Harlot (Mayhem in Mayfair, #1) by Grace Callaway
Will definitely continue the first two, not sure about the third one.

I read 5 books that are 2nd in a series! Yay me!

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy - this is New Adult done right. Here's my review (with no spoilers!) https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Paladin of Souls (Chalion, #2) by Lois McMaster Bujold - great worldbuidling and story...both this and the first in the series are worth the read, if you are a fantasy fan.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Yay, me, indeed, D.G.! Moving five series forward is wonderful.

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments 1. Did you complete any series this month? I completed one series, The Second Sons series by Jennifer McQuiston

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? I started 3 new series and will continue all three.

3. Did you move forward in any series? How many? I moved forward in 5 series (almost 6, currently listening to my 6th which I started in April).

All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2) by Cora Carmack - Excellent NA, even though it has the usual alcohol-consumption, sex, and conflict, Carmack makes it her own and it really worked for me.

Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews - Ilona Andrews does it again. They create the best kick-ass heroines and the best heroes. This book was never boring, the characters were well-done, and I can't wait for the next adventure.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

You go, Monica! Almost six series going forward is great. One of these days I'm going to set aside some of the NA books you've recommended to me and read them. You're enjoying them too much.

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2236 comments 1. Did you complete any series this month? I read a short story called Against The Odds by Lisa Kleypas which finished up The Gamblers series. Another short story (in the same book) called A Tale of Two Sisters by Julia Quinn finished up her Blydon Family series. Both stories were in Where's My Hero? (Gamblers, #3 / Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5 / Splendid, #3.5) by Lisa Kleypas .

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? None.

I moved forward on three series: Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb , The Stranger You Know (Forensic Instincts #3) by Andrea Kane , and Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost .

Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb was a great addition to J.D. Robb's series.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Congrats, Leigh on completing 2 series!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Yay, D.G on moving forward in series!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Sounds like a great month for you, Monica!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Congrats on your progress, Robin! And, yay on adding no series this month ;)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments 1. Did you complete any series this month?
None.

One. R.L. Stine's Fear Street Relaunch.

14 series.

4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love
it/them?
-The Liar, Temptress, Soldier Spy: Four Women Undercover in Civil War by Karen Abbott 4.5★ - a well-researched book that is easy to read.
-Treachery in Death (Book 40) JD Robb (audio) 5★ - This novel had great suspense!

message 15: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments Kris wrote: "Congrats, Leigh on completing 2 series!"

Thanks Kris!

message 16: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments Kris, congrats on moving forward in 14 series. I have The Liar, Temptress, Soldier Spy: Four Women Undercover in Civil War by Karen Abbott on my TBR list.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Well done, Kris!

message 18: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Wow, Kris! 14 series! Congrats!

message 19: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin36) | 484 comments Leigh wrote: "1. I completed two series Icons and Legend. YAY!
2. Yes. PARASITOLOGY, CALL OF CROWS, EXISTENCE TRILOGY, THE DARKEST MINDS and THE CANVANAUGH BROTHERS
3. Yes. ..."

I've been wondering about this Sparks book! I hadn't heard any feedback on it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. I just put it on hold at my library in audio format. :)

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
That is amazing, Kris! Well done!

message 21: by Jonetta (last edited May 02, 2015 05:20AM) (new)

1. Did you complete any series this month? I completed or am now up to date in six series.

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? I started two, Billionaires of Barefoot Bay by Roxanne St. Claire and Manwhore by Katy Evans. I plan to continue both but for Manwhore, only because the book ended in a cliffhanger.

3. Did you move forward in any series? How many? I moved forward in five series.

4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love it/them? What a Duke Dares, Fatal Jeopardy, Fatal Scandal, and Last Words were all outstanding stories for me. I binge read the last five books of the Fatal series and I couldn't put down the last two. The final book in the Delta Detectives series was another well done story, and I highly recommend the series. I'm enjoying the Sons of Sins series and this book was exciting.
What a Duke Dares (Sons of Sin, #3) by Anna Campbell Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7) by Marie Force Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8) by Marie Force Last Words (Delta Detectives, #4) by Stacy Green

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin36) | 484 comments Monica wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month? I completed one series, The Second Sons series by Jennifer McQuiston

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? I started..."

This Ilona Andrews book is available on Scribd in audio format. I can't wait to listen to it! Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. :)

message 23: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin36) | 484 comments Kris wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?
None.

3. Did you move forward in any ..."

Wow! 14 series! That's great, Kris!

message 24: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin36) | 484 comments 1. Did you complete any series this month?

I completed Nora Roberts' Key Trilogy.

I started and finished Nora's Key Trilogy all in April.

I moved forward in Lisa Kleypas' Bow Street Runners series

Not this month! I enjoyed everything I read but none blew me away.

Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts Key of Valor (Key Trilogy, #3) by Nora Roberts Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 25: by Lauren (last edited May 02, 2015 08:04AM) (new)

1. Did you complete any series this month? One. The For Me series by Cynthia Eden

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? Seven. Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena ShowalterWhat's a Ghoul to Do? (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #1) by Victoria LaurieA Duty To The Dead (Bess Crawford, #1) by Charles ToddWitch Fire (Elemental Witches, #1) by Anya BastGrave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine HarrisSimply Sexual by Kate PearceForbidden Magic (Magic, #1) by Cheyenne McCrayPrimal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler - I'll continue with the first 5

3. Did you move forward in any series? How many? Ten

Night's Honor (Elder Races, #7) by Thea Harrison - a wonderful paranormal office romance.
Why Mermaids Sing (Sebastian St. Cyr, #3) by C.S. Harris - excellent historical mystery with great characters.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

Erin wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month..."

Congrats for starting and finishing a series in the same month!

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?..."

Ten series? That's really great, Lauren.

message 28: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments Erin wrote: "Leigh wrote: "1. I completed two series Icons and Legend. YAY!
I definitely plan on continuing ..."

I hope you enjoy it.

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Jonetta wrote: "Ten series? That's really great, Lauren."

Thanks Jonetta. I actually read more that I thought I would this month.

message 30: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments Erin wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?

I started and finished Nora's Key Tri..."

Great job!

message 31: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 14 comments Congrats Lauren!

message 32: by Erin (last edited May 02, 2015 06:35AM) (new)

Erin (erin36) | 484 comments Lauren --

I listened to Primal Law a while back on a complete whim one day. I've always wondered what the rest of the series was like. I'll look forward to hearing how you make out with it.

message 33: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Erin wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?

Good job on starting and finishing a series!

I loved the Bow Street Runners series.

message 34: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month? One. The For Me series by Cynthia Eden

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? Eight. [bookcover:Awaken Me Darkly|4764..."

10 series! That's awesome.

And you've also reminded me that I have yet to move passed book 1 in the Elder Races.

message 35: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Jonetta wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month? I completed or am now up to date in six series.

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? I started two, Billionaires o..."

You did so great. I'm glad you enjoyed the Fatal series so much. I really need to get back to it.

message 36: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Kris wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?
None.

3. Did you move forward in any ..."

14?!?! That is amazing. Good work.

message 37: by Monica (last edited May 02, 2015 07:55AM) (new)

Monica | 860 comments D.G. wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month? None

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? ..."

Good job on your progress in so many series! Book 2 is so hard to get to sometimes, lol.

And I loved The Deal too.

message 38: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments Leigh wrote: "1. I completed two series Icons and Legend. YAY!
3. Yes. ..."

You did a great job moving forward!

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Erin wrote: "Lauren --

I listened to Primal Law a while back on a complete whim one day. I've always wondered what the rest of the series was like. I'll look forward to hearing how you make out ..."

Actually, that's one of the series I'm not continuing with. The first book was a disappointment :0(

I'll change the order of the covers in my post, lol!

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Monica wrote: "And you've also reminded me that I have yet to move passed book 1 in the Elder Races. "

The rest of the series is good overall despite one or two duds. I've also realized that the books that I like are not necessarily the ones everyone else does.

message 41: by Erin (new)

Erin (erin36) | 484 comments Lauren wrote: "Erin wrote: "Lauren --

I listened to Primal Law a while back on a complete whim one day. I've always wondered what the rest of the series was like. I'll look forward to hearing how ..."

Lol! That's the reason I never continued too. There were pieces of the story I liked but overall I wasn't too enthused. I thought maybe you had seen something I hadn't. :)

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Erin wrote: "Lol! That's the reason I never continued too. There were pieces of the story I liked but overall I wasn't too enthused. I thought maybe you had seen something I hadn't. :) "

Nope! As you say, there were aspects I liked but the fact that the author throws every PNR trope known to man into the mix made it all overwhelming. Also, I never really got a feel for any of the characters - way to one dimensional.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Leigh wrote: "Kris, congrats on moving forward in 14 series. I have The Liar, Temptress, Soldier Spy: Four Women Undercover in Civil War by Karen Abbott on my TBR list."

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Leigh!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Jonetta wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month? I completed or am now up to date in six series.

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? I started two, Billionaires o..."

You had an amazing month, Jonetta!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Erin wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?

Yay, Erin!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month? One. The For Me series by Cynthia Eden

2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue? Seven. [bookcover:Awaken Me Darkly|4764..."

That's an amazing month, Lauren!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Thanks everyone! I read way more than I thought I would and have been sticking to my move forward in series already started.

message 48: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Oh Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1) by J.D. Tyler was a dud! A really crazy mix of all sorts of PNR tropes.

message 49: by Melissa (last edited May 03, 2015 09:16AM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1307 comments 1. Did you complete any series this month?
I didn't complete any series this month, but I did read The Staff of Serapis which puts me up to date in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles crossover series (short ebooks).

No new ones this month.

I moved forward in 3 series: Monkeewrench series (#3), Black Dagger Brotherhood (#4) and Divergent (#2). I will be continuing them all.

I really, really enjoyed Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward. The Brothers are fabulous!!

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward

message 50: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "1. Did you complete any series this month?
I didn't complete any series this month, but I did read The Staff of Serapis which puts me up to date in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles cros..."

Congrats on getting current in Riordan's series! And, I'm a bit biased about Butch so I get why you enjoyed Lover Revealed:)

« previous 1