Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

A Small Death in the Great Glen
This topic is about A Small Death in the Great Glen
Book Club Selection > Spoiler Discussion (May 2015) - A Small Death in the Great Glen by A.D. Scott

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 3977 comments Mod
******* THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for the May Group Read
A Small Death in the Great Glen by A.D. Scott

Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 556 comments I finished this one and have to say that I was underwhelmed. It read more like a women's fiction than a mystery. The focus of the story was on Joanne and her domestic issues rather than the murder mystery. It was just okay. From the beginning I assumed the "hoodie crow" was a man in a large coat or cape of some kind and thought that would be a reasonable assumption, I couldn't really see why all the adults instead assumed the children were making up a story?? The whole Polish/Russian storyline with marriage to the italian woman just seemed to be setting up for future books (in a series) rather than a well thought out integrated part of the plot. I'm glad that I picked this one up at the library because it was somewhat expensive on Amazon.