Our Little Book Club discussion

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
This topic is about The Knife of Never Letting Go
Book Discussions > May 2015- The Knife of Never Letting Go

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily Grace (emaluche) | 102 comments Mod
Hey everyone!
So our book for May is The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness!
As I have already read this book and I have important exams this month I won't be joining in and reading, however I will join in with conversations and the such!
Happy Reading everyone! :)

message 2: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (ashhspencer) | 19 comments I'm still only partway through Vicious since I've been so busy with work and uni but I already have the Knife of Never Letting Go in my shelves waiting so I'll be getting on it ASAP bc I've been wanting to read it for ages!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 04, 2015 05:47PM) (new)

OMG guys. So I started and finished this book in like a day. It was so good!!!!!!!! I can't wait for y'all to finish it so we can discuss it. :)

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (wellthen) | 4 comments I've already started but it's difficult to read it. Like the way it's written is not doing it for me. Idk

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Everyone reads differently.

message 6: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (wellthen) | 4 comments Yeah that's true.

Emily Grace (emaluche) | 102 comments Mod
I found that an issue when I read it too x

Lina I finished it two days ago and I LOVED IT, and I especially loved the writing style. We basically follow along in the stream of Todd's thoughts. Some paragraphs are really fast paced with short words bundled together in a really long sentence to create the feeling of the story really speeding up, some sentences are literally chopped up halfway through as if his line of thought is interrupted, before leaping to a new thought that is equally cut short. I also think this is the reason why some words are spelled in such a weird way, like the way you hear them, because that's the way Todd thinks about them in his brain.

At least that's the impression I got from the writing style, and I really loved it (I have a soft spot for stream of consciousness-writing) and it contributed to me finishing it so quickly. :)

message 9: by Ash (new)

Ash (moonleafdruid) I'm not quite sure what to think so far. I've chosen to listen to the audiobook as I couldn't manage to get a copy of the book but it's not quite my style. I don't really feel the pace of the book and the way that it's written/read out loud works for me. It feels very rushed and chopped. I'm not very far into the audiobook, though, so maybe my opinion will change.

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara (saralovesherbooks) | 9 comments This is really a book to read, not to be read aloud... I feel the writing style really adds to the experience for me.

message 11: by Bek (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bek | 3 comments Brittany wrote: "Yeah that's true."

I found that too and almost gave up on it but the story eventually made it worth the read :)

Kellie (tambellz) Hey guys, I haven't started/finished vicious yet or this one. I hope to eventually get around to it but we'll see how time goes. I'm currently reading two books LOOOL I guess I could add a third!

message 13: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (ashhspencer) | 19 comments Just finished Vicious and I loved it, halfway through the Knife of Never Letting Go and I'm loving this too! :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Has anybody finished yet. I would love o discuss.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I've started this before but never got through it, hopefully this'll motivate me to actually power through it :')

message 16: by Tula (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tula (Tula24) | 2 comments Hey:)
My copy got lost in the mail.. I just got it last week.. finished it in two days the book is really good.. I loved the writing style it was so original and differnt. as any of u read the sequal?