Something Old, Something New discussion

The Girl on the Train
This topic is about The Girl on the Train
Archived Reads - 2015 > May 2015 - The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Michelle (shelld79) | 754 comments Mod
Here is the spot to discuss all things regarding this book.

Please be aware there could be spoilers!!

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Finally got my copy. Starting tomorrow

message 3: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Oooh, this just got voted as the August book for my real life bookclub so I really have to knuckle down and make time to read it now.
Can't wait!

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi all, finished. A good read. Here's my review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 2 stars

I ended up buying this book today and plan on starting it really soon.

I can't wait!

Becky you will love it. It is a little confusing at first because it switches from character to character but once you figure out who's who you will be hooked!

message 7: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new) - rated it 2 stars

Hmmm, this one hasn't really grabbed me the way I was hoping as yet. I'm just feeling nothing much else except annoyance at the main character so far and how pathetic she seems to be.
I'm around a third in so hopefully it will pick up the pace a bit soon!

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Hi Michelle, it started slow for me too. And, I found the main character frustrating, but sympathetic, so was willing to stick with her. The suspense gets better about midway if you hang in.