What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

What Can I Do Today?: [Over 100 projects for boys, age 6-12]
This topic is about What Can I Do Today?
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED - kids craft book from the 80s, hard cover (possibly green), very think, including a section on making rockets out of things like toilet paper rolls. Instrusctions included photographs. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jarrod (new)

Jarrod Penfold | 4 comments This was a book I had as a kid in Australia. I'm pretty sure it was around the mid 80s. It was a large hard cover book, with possibly a fair bit of green - and it was a very thick book, a couple of hundred pages I think.

If memory serves it was broken into sections, and there was a neat sci-fi section that had how to make rockets etc with household items. I also seem to remember there was a fantasy section that included how to make a suit of armour with household items as well.

Pictures included were photographs, but I can't remember if there were drawings too.

If you could help, that would be great! I came across this discussion board while looking for this book, and it is a fantastic way to help people :)

Thanks,
Jarrod

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments It wouldn't be a childcraft book would it? Maybe the "Make and Do" book?

message 3: by Jarrod (new)

Jarrod Penfold | 4 comments Hi Christie, thanks for the reply! I've just googled the Make and Do Childcraft book, but none of the pictures look familiar, sorry. The Childcraft books look like they were part of a series of books, kind of like encyclopedias, but I have the impression the book I had was a stand-alone book. And I think the one I had was green, maybe a similar colour to the "Stories and Fables" Childcraft book. Thanks for the thought though :D

message 4: by Jarrod (new)

Jarrod Penfold | 4 comments Actually, Christie, you inspired me with some more Google search phrases to try, and I think I've found it! The book is called "What Can I Do Today" for boys. This version may have a slightly different cover than I remember, but I am pretty sure this is it - all the projects look very familiar... thanks again!

http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykid...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Here's the data on Amazon:

ISBNs:

What Can I Do Today? Over 100 Projects for Boys Age 6-12

http://www.amazon.com/What-can-today-...

When I tried to create a record I got the error message:

1 error prohibited this record from being saved:

Isbn has been marked as 'not a book'

This means a librarian, presumably, used the auto-NAB button to mark the ISBN as not a book. I sent a message to support so we'll see if they rectify it.

message 6: by Jarrod (new)

Jarrod Penfold | 4 comments Thanks for the follow-up Lobstergirl :)

message 7: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments I'm glad you found it. :)