Brandon Sanderson Community discussion

Questions > sadeas character

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments In stormlight archive did you love sadeas character or did you hate him

message 2: by TS (new)

TS Chan (tschan) | 25 comments His is a character that I love to hate. Without him, however, it might be a tad boring, especially in The Way of Kings.

message 3: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments TS wrote: "His is a character that I love to hate. Without him, however, it might be a tad boring, especially in The Way of Kings."

I agree but i found some people who really like him and think what he did was right

message 4: by Josh (new)

Josh | 32 comments I didn't like him but feel he was needed for sure. he's pretty much the main antagonist in way of kings. I'm kind of curious whom our hate will be directed at in book 3 and that's why I'm a little sad he died and a little suspicious he might come back.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (meadowlark63) | 6 comments I'm so mad at Adolin and afraid what's going to happen to him. It was murder in cold blood, even though he deserved it.

message 6: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments Susan wrote: "I'm so mad at Adolin and afraid what's going to happen to him. It was murder in cold blood, even though he deserved it."

I was actually very happy after what adolin done because people like sadeas deserve these kind of deaths

message 7: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth Geary (kennethhayes) | 118 comments Sometimes death needs to happen even if it's in cold blood.

message 8: by TS (new)

TS Chan (tschan) | 25 comments Oh but there will be repercussions. There are so many theories now.. Is Adolin slipping into the dark side.. Etc etc

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh | 32 comments he better not be slipping to the dark side. I really started liking Adolin in book 2. I love him and kaladins relationship the way they're always back and forth with each other.

message 10: by JaphiaHart (new)

JaphiaHart | 86 comments I don't think saedas will ever be a radiant but the good guys need a chaotic good character. Or else they're just too easy to manipulate. Saedas should never have been allowed to transport with the rest of them. Now problem has been resolved. Honestly I hope there are no repercussions and that alodin doesn't slip into some perceived dark side.

message 11: by Marcel (last edited Jun 17, 2015 05:31AM) (new)

Marcel Monpatron | 4 comments JaphiaHart wrote: " Honestly I hope there are no repercussions"

Sandersons doesn't strike me as the kind of writer who lets things - especially things like, you know, murder - have no repercussions.

message 12: by Eva (last edited Jun 17, 2015 08:04PM) (new)

Eva (journie) | 6 comments I thought Sadeas was a great villain. Had good (as in 'plausible') motives. Realistic character. I flipped out at the end of WoR. Adolin's totally slipping to the dark side. Everyone he knows (including his formerly poor, ignorable, nowhere-near-as-cool-as-he-is fiance as well as even his angsty bodyguard AND his definitely-not-as-heroic younger brother) is now much cooler and more heroic-looking than he is. Also, he just murdered a top dog (so anti-Honor, wow), so that's gonna come back to bite him. AND we all know ShallanxKaladin is the perfect couple to turn around Kaladin's eye-color-hating problem (there have also been a few, very small foreshadowings for this couple in WoR), but the only way this couple can happen is to get rid of Adolin somehow (WITHOUT him just dying because we don't want a story that ends up all Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon). In the end, Adolin's gonna make the perfect tragic villain who's gonna make us unable to put the books down because we can't root for him and his poor choices, but we also don't want to see him fail. I can't wait.

message 13: by Yousef (new)

Yousef Al-Abed | 13 comments Eva wrote: "I thought Sadeas was a great villain. Had good (as in 'plausible') motives. Realistic character. I flipped out at the end of WoR. Adolin's totally slipping to the dark side. Everyone he knows (incl..."

I have seen some of those movies where there is a love triangle and the problem is simply solved by one of them getting killed and the other two will have each other... if the same happened in stormlight (like for example Adolin died and suddenly kaladin love shallan and yeaaaaaaaa there is no Adolin to worry about), will that would make me hate the book

message 14: by Shantanu (new)

Shantanu (coldblade) | 8 comments I neither hated him nor loved him. I disliked him but I don't think of him as downright evil. I am still conflicted on whether he did what he did out of malice or did he actually think he was doing the best for the kingdom (reading Words of Radiance now).

message 15: by Marcel (new)

Marcel Monpatron | 4 comments Sadeas has a rationale for his actions, yes, but it's rather convenient that it aligns with his quest for personal, absolute power. In that he's certainly like many real life "villains". Interesting character, despicable person.

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdgomez) | 3 comments Shantanu wrote: "I neither hated him nor loved him. I disliked him but I don't think of him as downright evil. I am still conflicted on whether he did what he did out of malice or did he actually think he was doing..."
Tell us how you feel of him, after reading WoR

message 17: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdgomez) | 3 comments Eva wrote: "I thought Sadeas was a great villain. Had good (as in 'plausible') motives. Realistic character. I flipped out at the end of WoR. Adolin's totally slipping to the dark side. Everyone he knows (incl..."

He needs more of a push than just Sadeus, perhaps have a major mistake occur and have all of the blame be put on him. That would make out for a good style. And then further into what you were mentioning.

message 18: by Hashim (new)

Hashim (hashimaban) | 8 comments Adolin is a complex character, and as Marcel says he has a rationale of his own. I sum up Adolin as a bad good guy, an anti-hero if you will. This adds depth to a character and it shows just how well BS fleshes out his characters. But I do think that at a certain point in the books he will redeem himself (maybe through a tragic death), but that's just my opinion.