The Book Basilisks discussion

General > General Questions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) If you have any questions concerning anything related the group (the group read, specific rules for the group read, etc), go ahead and ask them here.

message 2: by Bhavya (new)

Bhavya  (saibiscus) For the monthly book recs for TBB, would it be okay to nominate a lgbtia ya book? Or would you prefer we avoid ya nominations?

What about comic book nominations (not like issues but rather the bigger set ones like The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act which is a compilation of 5 issues in one book or Nimona.)

Would it be okay to nominate books with adultish themes (like swearing/violence/explicit sex scenes) ? I have books I want to nominated but I'm kinda hesitant to because of I feel like most of this group is under 18.

message 3: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Good question Bhavya! I am quite puzzled as well. What do the other members think? Because I'm pretty sure most of you are older than 18 and I think a lot of you have read some adult books (especially since a lot of our group reads were adult books). What are your thoughts on allowing very adult books as a group read nomination?

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 91 comments Personally I don't mind. Also Bhavya, I think it would be really cool to nominate comic books, I've wanted to read a couple of the ones you mentioned for a while.

message 5: by Julia (new)

Julia | 53 comments I'm cool with more adult books as well.

message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (iamhorriblylimited) | 55 comments I'm fine with anything, tbh I usually read whatever I can get my hands on. :)