What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. girl, boy forced to marry, in regent England

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments regency era, young girl red haired girl woken in the middle of the night to marry a 15 - 18 year old boy. location England Boy angry leaves for (france)? Lives for years with mistress. His father dies and he returns home bringing his mistress with him. With the idea he is going to divorce his wife and marry his mistress. He becomes intrigued with his wife when he encounters her at a ball not recognizing her at first. His mistress convinces him she is cheating on him. The lover that his mistress had left for him tries to steal his wife's affections from him, and the mistress encourages this.

message 2: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Crawford (nickic23) | 17 comments Midnight Marriage: A Georgian Historical Romance

I thought I knew this one but I don't think it's the one you are looking for. Starts the same but from there on it differs. Georgian not Regency.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments It could have been the Georgian era.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments I am going through all of my books on my cloud on amazon but it is taking me forever and quite likely to over looks something.
I have submitted a suggestion to Amazon for managing cloud book content.
1) allow libraries to be made for each member of the family so that books can be separated between libraries. children can be blocked from seeing or accessing the adult books, but you can put a book in multiple libraries.
2) the ability for books to be broken up into genre in each library for easier search
maybe customers could put in key words or phrases to help make the search a little more broad than just purchase date and name and title

message 5: by Cruth (new)

Cruth | 85 comments Maybe Lady Delafont's Dilemma by Donna Simpson. Not quite right because they chose to marry, but he left to travel the world and returns with his mistress.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments No, close. Defiantly put on the to read list.

message 7: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Crawford (nickic23) | 17 comments Just read the marriage scene from Midnight Marriage and it is just as you describe down to the red hair. I haven't read it recently but the synopsis differs after that. Maybe your are confusing a couple of books? I do that often.

Seems like there might be another book with an even younger girl. In MM the girl is 12. Recalling a book where the girl is 4-6. But I'm thinking it's just a betrothal.
Can you recall any other details? When did you read it?

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments Yes they are similar. Midnight Marriage also starts similar. Maybe this book they don't marry in the middle of the night. I remember he doesn't think highly of her. She is a bit younger than him. He does not remember her when he encounters her surrounded by men at a ball. She may have a different color hair. He starts to fall in love with her and leaves to stay in a country home with her. The mistress concocts rumors and distrust so that he is back to wanting a divorce. The mistress does not care if the wife dies or the ex lover runs off with the wife. The husband hires a detective to follow the wife to get proof of infedelity. the detective hides and observes the wife and a "man" who turns out to be the husband durring a ball. The detective than proceeds to list the infidelities of the mistress .The mistress's husband had hired him prior to his death.

message 9: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Crawford (nickic23) | 17 comments Boy that sounds familiar! Do you read any Eloisa James? She's very hit or miss for me but I read some of her Duchess books several years ago. Could it be one of them?

message 10: by Julie (last edited May 01, 2015 11:01AM) (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments No I have not read any of her books. It helps I have everything on cloud so I can cross check. But with so many of them I just have some that get lost in the shuffle with their current system.

message 11: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Crawford (nickic23) | 17 comments I understand. And if you do anything to one of them it takes you back to the top! I also have a bunch of older books not on Amazon and that makes searching even tougher.

I'll keep digging a little. Still thinking there's another one I read where the girl was too young to know what was going on. It may not be the one you are looking for but my curiosity is up now.

message 12: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Crawford (nickic23) | 17 comments Any feel for how old the book might be? Some of the stuff I've read goes WAY back to bodice ripper stuff.

message 13: by Julie (last edited May 01, 2015 06:51PM) (new)

Julie (mizlead) | 13 comments no, sorry I don't remember the writing to be like the 80's bodice ripping style but I may be wrong

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Julie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Julie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.