Books2Movies Club discussion

The Phantom Tollbooth
This topic is about The Phantom Tollbooth
Books2Movies Projects > Animated Films 06.0 - The Phantom Tollbooth

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 129 comments This is the May book, it's a whimsical and magical little story. I fell in love with it once upon a time, but I have never seen the animated film (I believe it's a cartoon). I hope you enjoy it. Please contribute to any discussion of the book or film here!

Zeljka (ztook) | 2939 comments Mod
For me it was just the contrary, I saw only the movie, and fell in love with it at once! I was maybe six or seven years old when I first saw it. Now I am tempted to watch it again :) Maybe it would be now wiser to read the story first and then get hands on to the movie :)

Alana (alanasbooks) | 730 comments I had never heard of either book or film, but I just finished the book, and oh, how delightful! I can't believe I never came across this as a child, because it's full of English phrases and terms turned on their heads and put together in such a clever way.

Zeljka, were you able to get around to reading it? If so, did you read it in English? How was it for you (English is a second language for you, right)? Were you able to catch the nuances of the different phrases? Some of the figures of speech are a little more outdated and we don't say them as often, so I imagine it would be a more difficult book for someone who didn't grow up hearing some of those terms/phrases.