Worldwide Book Club discussion

Fangirl
This topic is about Fangirl
MAY - 2015 > I'm finished... (may include spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemma (last edited May 01, 2015 01:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jemma (Aussie BookWorm) (jemmaaussiebookworm) | 57 comments Mod
Great job, you finished the May buddy read! Now let's discuss it!

Please note that this discussion forum WILL include spoilers, so if you have yet to read or finish the book, look away now or forever hold your peace...

Claire (clairebuysbooks) | 4 comments Psst Jemma, you said you've finished the "April buddy read". Am I wrong in thinking that Fangirl is May? :P

Hahaha Yes! Ooops! Thanks a lot copy and paste. I fixed it. :) xo

Jess | 10 comments M'kay. So it was cute and relatable here and there. I liked Reagan and thought Levi was great. I'm not a contemporary fan so this book was difficult for me to get through and took me a super long time. They talked about Starbucks-yes they did-which is my definition of a contemporary book-its everywhere!

Hahaha Jess!! Yes every single contemporary has to mention Starbucks. It's like a law or something! I'm not a huge contemporary fan, but I do enjoy it in small doses if the story is right. And for me, this story was right on! I just connected with Cath and her life so much that it was uncanny! It started to bug me that everything was getting better in her life, but I mean it's a book, of course that is going to happen. It isn't realistic, nor does it inspire a lot of hope, but it was nice all the same. This is the first book that I have felt the desire to tab and highlight in, just because I wanted to be able to do look at all the similarities and quotes on call. I will probably do this next time I read it.

Shelleen Toland I laughed out loud and I listened to this on audiobook. Levi had me laughing several times. I especially burst out laughing when they talked about a double wedding and picking out dresses and he said he wanted to pick his own dress out. I just wish that the author ended the book with letting us know if they ended up staying together.

Daniela wrote: "This book was so funny!This was the first book I've read by rainbow rowell and now I love her books! seriously this book was so relatable ughh at the beginnig I really liked nick, so bad he turned ..."

Same for me too! I kind of had a weird feeling about Nick from a bit in. He creeped me out a tad, especially because he wouldn't walk her home

Shelleen wrote: "I laughed out loud and I listened to this on audiobook. Levi had me laughing several times. I especially burst out laughing when they talked about a double wedding and picking out dresses and he sa..."

YES!! I laughed so much at that too!

Deidre(Dee) ~Young At Heart Mom~ wrote: "This book was so good from start to finish. I loved the twins-Cather and Wren, and their exploits in school, and at home. The relationship between Cather and Levi, was interesting, to say the least."

I liked their relationship but don't really think that it would have worked out IRL. They're just so different.