Super Chill YA Book Club discussion

How to Love by Katie Cotugno > How to Love Part Four (Chapters 28-36)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen (the_book_tree) | 62 comments Mod
This is where you can discuss chapters twenty-eight through thirty-six of How to Love.

message 2: by Helen (new)

Helen (the_book_tree) | 62 comments Mod
Ho. Lee. Crap. I can't stop thinking about that dinner scene. I feel like that was such an important moment for Reena, and I'm actually kind of proud of her for it. Her whole situation with her and Sawyer's family kind of sucks. That being said, I really hope that her dad is alright. After having Stefanie outside and waiting for her, I am super worried. I don't necessarily agree with him or the way that he treats Reena, but I hate when fathers die in books.

I also really like that she is starting to give Sawyer a chance to be a father to Hannah. Now that he knows that she exists, he really seems to want to be a part of her life, and I like that Reena is willing to put her feelings about him aside (at least a bit) and let him get to know Hannah.

I'm just really enjoying this.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stroesser | 14 comments The dinner scene had me all uppity for a while! I also was super excited that she finally started standing up for herself because there's no excuse for her to be treated so coldly! I feel really awful for her and her father and it makes me cringe that she blames herself.

And Helen, I feel you about Sawyer and Hannah. Fathers being fatherly in books (and in real life, hah)make for a really good, heart-warming tale. I'm still standoffish about Sawyer even though my ya heart is becoming slightly warmer.