Super Chill YA Book Club discussion

How to Love by Katie Cotugno > How to Love Part One (Chapters 1-9)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen (the_book_tree) | 62 comments Mod
This is where you can discuss chapters one through Nine of How to Love!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stroesser | 14 comments So far this book is very relatable. The characters seem very real. The situation is easy to understand and believe. Very well written. I'm sure many females out there were like "you know it sista" when she was talking about her social issues. I can see why this book is so popular. That and the badboy sawyer that every girl remembers from middle school or high school. So far a very engaging read. It's also very interesting that the protagonist is a teen mother, you very rarely see teen mother's stories in books.

message 3: by Helen (new)

Helen (the_book_tree) | 62 comments Mod
So far, I'm really enjoying the double perspective of Before and After, although I think I enjoy After just a little bit more. I am really enjoying the writing, and I really like the fact that this is a YA book and its talking about teen pregnancy. Its a topic that you don't really get to see much of within the Young Adult sphere. I can't wait to see where things are going to go!

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Jolly Vater | 20 comments Sorry to be so late to the discussion! I had never heard of this book, but I like it so far! I actually liked the before part better at first, but now I'm liking some of the after with sawyer being more prevalent.