YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
This topic is about The Final Empire
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson - Restarting April 1st 2017

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments Blurb:In a world where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, an evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. The future of the empire rests on the shoulders of a troublemaker and his young apprentice. Together, can they fill the world with color once more?
In Brandon Sanderson's intriguing tale of love, loss, despair and hope, a new kind of magic enters the stage - Allomancy, a magic of the metals.

Twila and I will be reading this one and anyone who want to join us is welcome!

Twila | 940 comments Yay, it's time. I'll start now.

Twila | 940 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments Omg, you're quite ahead. I'm still in chapter 2! I have such a good feeling about this book.

Twila | 940 comments The book feels kind of long, no? I have a great feeling about it too. It's been a while since I read high fantasy, and I forgot how much I love it.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments It does feel like that. Like, have you ever read Game of Thrones? It's got that feeling, like you're going to read it for a while.
I love it, too. The last books I read were contemporary and not really good. This could be just what I needed.

Olga (olga_) hey guys! I think you'll like this a lot... I read it a couple months ago and I was a bit intimidated by it, and the hype (everyone loves this series, now I do too). The beginning was slow, but after a few chapters it gets really interesting. I still need to read the third book; if you're planning on reading the whole trilogy I might join you for Heroe of Ages. Enjoy!!

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments It is intimidating! I mean, everyone loves these books and it has so many terrific reviews! Hey, maybe we marathon the trilogy! Let's see how this one goes.
Thanks!

Twila | 940 comments I didn't know this was a trilogy, but a trilogy marathon sounds good to me :D

Twila | 940 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments I think they're 7 books? Or they're going to be 7 books? I don't know where I saw that but if things keep going this way, I will read them all.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments Twila wrote: "Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

omg, that part killed me.

It has such a slow pace but it's somewhat okay.

Twila | 940 comments I wonder who it is speaking in the dialogue before chapters begin. Hmmmm

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments It's a glimpse from the past, I think! But like it's really interesting, right?

Twila | 940 comments Yep, and mysterious. Do you prefer Vin's or Kelsier's POV?

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura (pandqra) | 84 comments Twila wrote: "Yep, and mysterious. Do you prefer Vin's or Kelsier's POV?"

I like Vin's better, but that's because I like her a lot.
Kelsier's fine but I just don't know. I still don't like him that much. What about you?

You know what I like a lot? The world. I like the atmosphere, all crude and destroyed and the magic system. It works pretty good!

Twila | 940 comments I actually like his better. He's looser and more fun maybe.

I absolutely love the world too! So detailed and thought through. Although, I know my periodic table and most of those metals don't exist! lol

Twila | 940 comments How far are you at Laura?

Twila | 940 comments I going to try to write my review for this right now but I have so many highlighted quotes and so many notes that I have no idea where to start.
This is going to be a toughie

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting April 1st 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 21: by Cors (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cors (astheplotthickens) The Final Empire [Part One]

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Cors (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cors (astheplotthickens) The Final Empire [Part Two]

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Cors (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cors (astheplotthickens) The Final Empire [Part Three]

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Cors (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cors (astheplotthickens) The Final Empire [Part Four]

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Cors (last edited Apr 02, 2017 08:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cors (astheplotthickens) The Final Empire [Part Five]
DONE
(view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.