KDChi Sisters - Book Club discussion

I Am That Girl: How to Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl
This topic is about I Am That Girl
I Am That Girl, You Are That Girl, We Are All That Girl

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anali Martinez Gonzalez (analimartini) | 8 comments Mod
Let's start the discussion ladies! Feel free to say anything you think so far on this discussion board!

Adriana (adrianaef) | 2 comments I had never heard of this book until now and from reading the description I'm excited to start it =)

Annette Campos (acampos1977) | 2 comments Started last night so far so good.

Andrea (and87rea) | 4 comments Kindle Unlimited is awesome! I'm reading it through that. So excited. :)

Adriana (adrianaef) | 2 comments Andrea wrote: "Kindle Unlimited is awesome! I'm reading it through that. So excited. :)"

I've seen that and wondered how the service was.

Andrea (and87rea) | 4 comments Adriana wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Kindle Unlimited is awesome! I'm reading it through that. So excited. :)"

I've seen that and wondered how the service was."

It's great so far. There are a lot of books included and it's a good deal for the price.I read on my kindle, on my computer and on my phone with the app as well.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

So, this is not typically the type of book I would read on my own... Like, AT ALL. But, I'm really glad to be a part of this and expanding my horizons. I was in tears by the second chapter. The couple part really hits close to home & I think I will get a lot out of this book. It might be too personal, but I'm wondering if anyone else has taken her advice with the meditation and self check in? I found it really helpful.

message 8: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Gomez | 3 comments Kindle says I am only 11% in the book, however just wanted to make the comment that this book IS not what I thought it was. Not bad, just not what I thought it was going to be like. I am excited for the discussion!

Nicole wrote: "So, this is not typically the type of book I would read on my own... Like, AT ALL. But, I'm really glad to be a part of this and expanding my horizons. I was in tears by the second chapter. The cou..."

I am going to start the book today! FINALLY! But I bought a notebook to write down thoughts, quotes, etc. in for the whole year in the book club. I will most likely do the self check-ins included in the book =)

Nancy wrote: "Kindle says I am only 11% in the book, however just wanted to make the comment that this book IS not what I thought it was. Not bad, just not what I thought it was going to be like. I am excited fo..."

What did you think it was going to be like? Was it the cover or the title that made it seem like it would be different to you?

message 11: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Gomez | 3 comments From just the title and the pink cover I assumed it would be fiction. And it would probably be a fictional story about a female coming of age, type story. Which is interesting that it's more of a guide towards coming of age.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished it. Loved it. Changed my life, no joke. Kinda cheesy but I was in dire need of this pep talk & I'm ready to go out there and own grad school! How funny that I got my acceptance letter and finished the book on the same day. Makes me excited to go on and tackle my life after the confusion of a terrible breakup and a "gap year". Hope y'all got as much out of it as I did, and thanks for voting on this one!

Andrea (and87rea) | 4 comments I couldn't do it. I had to give up on this. I had a hard time reading it. I liked the premise of it and I found many useful concepts and quotes, but the author's voice was unbearable. Her perspective was narrowminded, entitled, and privileged. I couldn't bring myself to appreciate her points of view and I couldn't take her seriously. I really wanted to get through this book and give it a chance, but I did not like how I felt when I read it. I'm not used to disliking books so this is a weird experience for me, but I had to be honest with myself and with y'all. That's just my experience, though, and I wanted to share it.