Anything Legal, Legal Thrillers, Legal Mysteries and More discussion

Archive > Up and Coming Legal Thriller Authors.

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2686 comments Has anyone read any legal thrillers recently written by new authors you can recommend. I am looking for a new book to read. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 19 comments Have you gone through the bookshelf?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissafl) | 33 comments I just finished "The Mental Case" by John Ellsworth who was new to me. I would certainly read more of his books.

message 4: by Renee (new)

Renee (rys00) It doesn't spend a lot of time in the courtroom, but Forty Acres was pretty great. There are two lawyers at the center of it all and it presents some interesting questions, but it's also a great thriller.

message 5: by David (new)

David Jarrett (davidrj) | 16 comments Read COLLISION COURSE, by Joe Broadmeadow. You won't be disappointed.

DRJ

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2686 comments Belle wrote: "Have you gone through the bookshelf?"

Hi Belle,

Yes I have. I put all the books on the shelf. I am looking for anything that may have come out just recently. I should have put that in my original post.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2686 comments I'll add The Mental Case, Forty Acres and Collision Course to the shelf. Thanks for the suggestions.

message 8: by Marian (new)

Marian Michael,have you read "Death On A High Floor"?by Charles Rosenburg.

message 9: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2686 comments No, I haven't. Let me check it out.

message 11: by Marian (new)

Marian Or how about this author:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/5183...

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2686 comments Marian wrote: "Or how about this author:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/5183..."

Got to love John Lescroart.

message 13: by Jean (new)

Jean | 59 comments I love, love, love John Lescroart. He has so many wonderful characters, and I love how he has created spinoff novels using Wes, Abe, and others as lead characters. Diz is my favorite, though.

message 14: by David (new)

David Jarrett (davidrj) | 16 comments Lescroart isn't exactly an "up-and-coming" author. He's been around for some time.

DRJ

message 15: by Marian (new)

Marian No sorry..he isn't.BUT..he's still a great writer:)

message 16: by Pete (new)

Pete Morin | 123 comments To riff off a line from Erma Bombeck, I thought I was up and coming until I got up and went.

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton | 2686 comments David wrote: "Lescroart isn't exactly an "up-and-coming" author. He's been around for some time.

DRJ"

Do you think Lescroart is a common name in the thriller genre? I have heard from other people that they don't know his works.

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) Has anyone read Mark Gimenez??
The Common Lawyer is currently $.99 on Amazon.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Mallory Heart wrote: "Has anyone read Mark Gimenez??
The Common Lawyer is currently $.99 on Amazon."

He is on my legal thriller TBR and I am going to nominate one of his in the August BOTM:

The Color of Law The Color of Law (Scott Fenney #1) by Mark Gimenez

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) LOL! My favorite is free, second favorite is $.99, third is Kindle Unlimited. I was so excited to buy Disclaimer on a 1-day sale for $1.99!

message 21: by Manning (new)

Manning Wolfe (manningwolfe) | 284 comments Thanks for the head's up on The Common Lawyer - I snagged it too. I read The Perk a few months back and was able to interview Mark Gimenez about my publishing path. He was really generous with his time. I really liked The Perk partly because it was set in Fredericksburg (near Austin where I live). It had a good plot and interesting characters.

message 22: by Manning (new)

Manning Wolfe (manningwolfe) | 284 comments I recommend Mark Pryor. I particularly liked The Reluctant Matador and have The Bookseller on my to read list. His Hugo Marston is a security guy at the American Embassy in Paris and travels around Europe solving mysteries - thriller/mystery combo. Pryor is an assistant D.A. here in Austin. Happy Reading.