SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Group Trilogy Discussions > Expanse Series Book 2: Caliban's War

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael This is the thread for discussion of Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey, the second book of the Expanse Series.

As last month, we'll start off discussions on the first and I suggest we keep things spoiler free for the first week or two.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael So anyone reading this yet? I have a few things in front of it but I'm going to get to it in a few days.

message 3: by David (new)

David (waelse1) Just finished. Pretty good continuation of the series, good characters (except for one I found annoying), exciting story. Like how they show Man populating the solar system, but still doing awful things. Look forward to book three.

message 4: by Andreas (new)

Andreas I didn't start with Caliban's War.
But I just finished Drive, the short story prequel to the Expanse series by Corey. My review is here

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Time to open the thread up to spoilers I think.

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnahr) Here's some of my review from 2012:
I enjoyed Leviathan Wakes enough that I bought Caliban's War as soon as it was published. This is one of those rare times that the second book in a series is better than the first. It picks up a year after LW, and the feel of the story is quite different....It didn't have nearly as much soul-searching as in LW; we know how dangerous the protomolecule is this time around and heated action starts right away. The solar system watches and wonders what is happening to/on Venus, as this incomprehensibly powerful being creates something, who knows what? But hey, it's not happening right now so the Earth-Mars-OPA factions continue to squabble and bang their swords and grab for power just like humans have done since forever. Depressingly realistic. As in LW, the authors did a great job of giving the book a satisfying conclusion but with a tantalizing last page hook for the next book.

message 7: by Wilco (new)

Wilco Roos (roosw) | 16 comments Love the whole series, i think i liked the second book the best. I guess Donna's review kinda covers it all :-)

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnahr) I just got an email today with a preview chapter of the new book. Releases on June 2. I'm looking forward to it!

message 9: by Wilco (new)

Wilco Roos (roosw) | 16 comments I hope it will be available on other sources as just Amazon.