Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > Best crime novels of 2015 (so far)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Booklist publication has an article listing the best crime novels of 2015 (little premature as it's not even half over). What do you think?

http://www.booklistonline.com/Product...

Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes Darkness, Darkness by John Harvey The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins Hush Hush (Tess Monaghan, #12) by Laura Lippman The Long Way Home (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #10) by Louise Penny Nobody Walks by Mick Herron Perfidia by James Ellroy The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5) by Tana French Tigerman by Nick Harkaway The Whites by Harry Brandt An Appetite for Violets by Martine Bailey The Black Hour by Lori Rader-Day Confessions by Kanae Minato Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey The Marauders by Tom Cooper Night of the Jaguar A Novel by Joe Gannon The Objects of Her Affection by Sonya Cobb The Swimmer by Joakim Zander An Untamed State by Roxane Gay The Ways of the Dead A Novel by Neely Tucker

message 2: by Russ (new)

Russ Skinner (russ_skinner) | 9 comments Although the article mentions a 50-week period of reviews ending mid-April ("Titles selected were reviewed in Booklist from May 1, 2014, through April 15, 2015.")

Not what I would expect given the title. Meanwhile, I have a few titles from this year that I am working through on my e-reader. Perhaps I should get back to them...

message 3: by David (new)

David Corbett (davidcorbett) | 6 comments World Gone By, by Dennis Lehane. "The gangster in autumn" is how the author put it. Beautiful, haunting, and still tense and surprising.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee Atterbury | 17 comments Gathering Prey, by John Sandford.Intense, a page turner, he has a wonderful voice.