Shut Up & Read discussion

Time Rider Wildertrek
This topic is about Time Rider Wildertrek
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 416} Time Rider Wildertrek by Jack King

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Apr 30, 2015 08:08AM) (new)

Sheri | 12209 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?

Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Title: Time Rider Wildertrek
Author: Jack King
Genre: YA Adventure/Fantasy
Pages Count: 334

Review Due Date: May 21, 2015

Book Description:
TJ's an ordinary fourteen year old kid with extraordinary problems at home and school. He has a broken family from his parents' bitter divorce. He faces evil bullies attacking him almost every afternoon, failing grades when he's really a smart kid, boring classes, snobby girls, mean teachers, being cut from basketball tryouts, and few friends. Yes, life is rough for TJ Cockrell. Then a mysterious green book inexplicably throws TJ into the past. And not just any past, but the untamed forbidding forests of 1802 eastern Tennessee, with savage Indians, wild beasts, bloodthirsty robbers, backwoods ruffians, strange characters galore, and rugged log cabin living. Yup, it's definitely not present day Knoxville Tennessee anymore. TJ thought his present life was bad news, but his adventures have just begun. Along the way, he fights off killer beasts, bandits and braves, meets the cocky teenaged David Crockett, gains a world of assurance in himself, finds his first real love, and is befriended by a fantastic frontier family who really has it together. TJ returns to the present a changed young man; emboldened, forthright, and shrewd.

He'll need all of his new-found strengths to fend off killer burglars loose in his house, outwit the school bully, charm a pretty new transfer-student, and most intriguing of all, delve into the mysteries of the magical green book ....

“A bad present. An unforeseen past. Somehow he’s got to survive each for any future. Life sucks and it’s about to turn worse when a fantastic secret transports TJ back in time to the year 1802 where the world is raw, wild, and filled with relentless danger!”

Be one of the first 5 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

Formats available:
PDF

All reviews should be completed and posted by May 21, 2015.

Leave us your name and email address.

message 2: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited May 21, 2015 04:07PM) (new)

Reviewers:
1. Jessica
2. Sarah
3. Aj

Jessica (_afkbookworm_) Thr book sounds really interesting..
Jessica, jess.j.whitney@gmail.com

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments Hi. I'd be interested in reading a copy of this book. My e-mail address is cat2002116@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Sarah

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sending both of you an email :)

message 6: by Aj (new) - added it

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments Can you read 2 R&R books at once?

message 7: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Aj wrote: "Can you read 2 R&R books at once?"

Yep, as long as you can get them done within the three-week time period :)

message 8: by Aj (new) - added it

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments Okay my email is ariche12@gmail.com

message 9: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sent you an email Aj :)

message 10: by Aj (new) - added it

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments Unfortunately I can't finish this book until next week because I've been very busy for the past week or so.

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 184 comments Hi. I've just finished reading this book and here are the links to my review:

Goodreads

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Barnes and Noble

My Blog

Thank you for the opportunity to read this.

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Aj wrote: "Unfortunately I can't finish this book until next week because I've been very busy for the past week or so."

That's fine Aj, thanks for letting me know :)

Jessica (_afkbookworm_) Here's my Goodreads review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

When I have access to my laptop I'll try get a review up on other websites too and probably update the review itself.
Thanks for letting me read the book.

message 14: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

This book is no longer available. Please remember to come back and post your reviews!

message 15: by Aj (new) - added it

Aj (a_the_reader) | 17 comments Im sorry I havent posted the review for this book. I found this book kind of uninteresting or maybe I was too busy to fully try and get into the book, but because of that I havent finished it and I dont think I will.