The Agatha Christie Reading Group discussion

2015 Books > May 2015: Death in the Clouds

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reija (new)

Reija | 42 comments Oh my! Is this that novel which was used in Doctor Who episode (4.7)! I know that wasp. I really liked the episode, Doctor and Donna and Agatha were great match. I wonder if they used some events from the book too, we'll see.

Wikiarticle if anyone is interested.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments I ordered a used copy of this and the June book from Amazon and they arrived today. I can't wait to start and discuss!

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 35 comments Too funny!! I have been reading A.C. for a while now. Just going thru the books, picking and choosing. So I picked one and I'm like....well let's see what the group is reading this month....and what do ya know?? lol Death in the Clouds!!!
Which was my choice too!! It was just meant to be!!
I have just gotten started. And it looks like a good one!

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 35 comments Been reading today....it is quite the head scratcher!

message 5: by Reija (new)

Reija | 42 comments This was pretty good, I like that Poirot was bigger role than earlier book and aeroplane was interesting place.

message 6: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 95 comments One of Poirot's (and Christie's) most clever.

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 35 comments It was!! lol I am enjoying it....very very much. I'm almost done and still don't have a clue. (as per usual)

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments Finished. Not my favorite, but definitely entertaining. Agatha fooled me again!

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 35 comments Devious!! I loved it!! I like how Christie gives a clue that only the reader can see. There was one part where something was said and then forgotten....but we know what it is!! Because we can just go back and read!! So, we can be one step ahead...at least for a bit. She's done that in some other stories.

message 10: by Sarah. B (last edited May 12, 2015 03:58PM) (new)

Sarah. B Really enjoyed this one. I was convinced I knew who the murderer was and then BANG she completely fools me again.

message 11: by Isobel (new)

Isobel Atkins | 9 comments Hi, it will be great to join in with this group again. I stoped participating several months ago (maybe a year) when I was having too much trouble finding time to read. Plus I was getting sick of the strickness of my local library so I was having trouble getting hold of the books.

I read this book a while ago but I usually enjoy re-reading Christie.